CBR1100XX.org Forum

Oil change/shifting experience.

superhawk996

Actually, I think we were doing fine 'till XXitanium resurrected Tomek's old thread and I asked a question so it's half XX's fault!  ...for Tomek not paying attention and blaming me for the resurrection.  Anyway, I'll keep him ignored for everyone's well being.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, jon haney said:

Sigh,  as soon as I saw 3 pages of posts, I knew this thread was going to be another Jerry Springer episode, staring Tomek and Oscar, and/or Carlos.  Sigh.

😔

I regret my part in it, for the annoyance it creates for others.

8 hours ago, XXitanium said:

fucked up.

You did not. I have developed zero tolerance for superhawk's bull shit, weasel like behavior, talking in circles, twisting people's posts, etc. 

He has worked very hard for it.

Edited by tomek

10 hours ago, XXitanium said:

fucked up.

Nah, you asked a question that belongs here.  Not your fault someone refuses to let go of the past and holds it against you.

10 hours ago, XXitanium said:

fucked up.

Nope.  I just had to share the non-blame with you so it wouldn't be all my non-fault that the child had another unexpected and unreasonable hissy fit 🙂

18 minutes ago, SwampNut said:

Nah, you asked a question that belongs here.  Not your fault someone refuses to let go of the past and holds it against you.

Classic example of Swamp being hypocrite and projecting shit.

He keeps mentioning that stupid acetone any chance he gets, Professional, etc. Why ? Because I made fun out of him on number of occasions. lol. No, you can't have that here. He can dish out but when people have fun at his expense ? OMG 

Even this tread, he was not involved in it yet he quickly jumped in. Why ? He suffers from sore ass syndrome snd is unable to let it go.

Once again, does any of you own mirror and, if you do, know how to use it ?

This was a good thread till I picked at the scab. If we can go back and delete about the last 20 posts it still might have some Merit instead of being the purse Swingin (borrowed from Redbird) session it's turned into I guess.

Superhawk's question was good. tomeck said go find the thread.  Super hawk ignored that. I was curious. 

Thinner oil may in fact be a problem?

I've seen engines damaged by thin/overheated oil.  Don't recall seeing a chain damaged before his, but once it starts eating the plastic off the guides it'll happen and thin oil will let that happen.  He also had a bearing failure but don't remember if it was combined with the chain or a separate incident.  Whether it was all caused by running a light oil I can only speculate.  From reading in car forums it appears that everyone who runs track days runs heavier oil than normal street use calls for, or has rebuild stories.  From bike forums and people talking about track days I've never seen anyone that runs less than a 10-40 and many run higher.  Tomek is the first I've read about using 5-30.  Also the first time I've seen a trashed R1 motor, but I don't search track day info and just run across it as part of random looking around.  And that's why I asked him about it, I've not searched for the info but was curious since using a lighter than normal oil for track days goes against normal logic.  He's bragged not only about being super fast, but having the loudest bike.  Combining that with everything else says that he's unlikely to ever give anyone a useful answer, but I wanted to try and more than that I wanted to have a reasonable mechanic/enthusiast conversation in hopes of erasing the past and having a decent future.  I've appealed to his superior knowledge/skills/giterdone a few times, but all it does is add more fuel to his "you don't know shit" fire.

For a pro team it makes sense to run whatever oil will give them the best performance, even if it's a small edge, they can afford the expensive oil and the frequent teardown inspections/rebuilds.  They also have lots of monitoring capabilities and a team of experts analyzing stuff and making changes.  Potentially compromising an engine to gain a couple horses for play days on the track doesn't seem worth it to me, but if you really wanna be the fastest I guess you'll do anything.

I won't see his posts so my part in the Tomek Show is over, and being on ignore his rantings won't fill my page with crap; win win.

2 hours ago, XXitanium said:

This was a good thread till I picked at the scab.

Yes, but the rest of us take that well.  It's what makes us all men and brothers.  You give your best friends the most shit.  You should see my best friend talk about me sinking a Jeep, and me about always fucking up GFCI installs (he does commercial work with no GFCIs, always gets confused with them.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, superhawk996 said:

I've seen engines damaged by thin/overheated oil.  Don't recall seeing a chain damaged before his, but once it starts eating the plastic off the guides it'll happen and thin oil will let that happen.  He also had a bearing failure but don't remember if it was combined with the chain or a separate incident.  Whether it was all caused by running a light oil I can only speculate.  

I stopped reading here. It is hopeless. You are natural born IDIOT.  There is absolutely no hope for you.

BTW, I still have damaged crank and piston. And btw, at that time I was using either rotella 5w/40 or mobil1 motorcycle spec 10w/40. I switched to thinner later after  rebuilt engine was broken in ( new rings) on cheap dino oil. That took one day on the track.

Once again, for those who are new to this fucked up tread, damaged chain scrapped enough plastic from cam guides to clog oil pump's mesh screen.

Number 4 rod bearing blew up and top ring partially sized on piston 4. Clear signs of oil starvation, those parts are on tail end of oil delivery path. Pretty simple for anyone who has a clue.

Engine had 500 miles when that happened. Other than those things everything else looked fine.

More Bull Shit coming your way from my Cuban admirers.

4 hours ago, XXitanium said:

If we can go back and delete about the last 20 posts it still might have some Merit instead of being the purse Swingin (borrowed from Redbird) session it's turned into I guess.

Ya, he has always been a trouble maker.    😁

• Like 2

20 hours ago, XXitanium said:

fucked up.

Don't stop now. Ask him how the cam chain got fucked up. He has me on ignore so he won't know what hit him.