CBR1100XX.org Forum

Oil change/shifting experience.

superhawk996

1 hour ago, XXitanium said:

I'm young and impressionable. If someone doesn't disprove this, I might try it.

....this one?

"Might try it" meaning you're gonna run some 0-20 and report back?

Was that from Tomek's R1 track bike when it ate a bearing, or some other bike/occasion?  If that was a separate occasion it would strongly imply that maybe he's doing something wrong.

3 hours ago, superhawk996 said:

Was that from Tomek's R1 track bike when it ate a bearing, or some other bike/occasion?  If that was a separate occasion it would strongly imply that maybe he's doing something wrong.

...actually you guys talking about the Rotella T6 got my attention. That's what I ran in the F250.

5 hours ago, superhawk996 said:

You are annoying, miserable, petty cuban piece of shit. Worse than 5 pre-pmsed women. You bring something from 2017 because your sore ass syndrome runs that deep. Twenty seventeen. lol.

I don't wanna get into this so just shortly. Damaged camchain scraped enough plastic from camguides to clog mesh screen of oil pump's pick up.

#4 rod bearing failed and 4 piston suffered partial seizure. Those are on tail end of oil feed food chain.  Oil iirc rotella 5w/40. It carries jaso ma specs.

Super hawk, you should concentrate on things you know best, like resurrection of 50 years equipment, valve jobs without head removal and things of that nature.

Now you gonna shit on my vfr painting project because that's you, just what you normally do. Having no idea about particular subject won't stop you from talking. 

7 hours ago, superhawk996 said:

That kinda looks like a dial indicator, but they only measure linear movement in line with the plunger; what is that thing called?

Today I played with the adjustments and might have figured out the solution.  The mysterious mechanical clutch actuator is kinda odd and it appears that I just need to make some adjustments/tweaks.  The cable is too long to get a proper adjustment without having the adjusters all the way out to where they're falling off the threads, but at that point I was able to get a good release and find neutral.

I'll take some measurements using your guy's measurement & photo to confirm, then I'll probably have to have a cable made to the right length.  Thank you joblock and blackhawk.

• Like 1

Adjuster extender. If you have access to a lathe it's a pretty simple project. Actually it can be done with a drill motor a file and a hacksaw. Dimension A is a slip fit on the cable sheath Ferrule. Dimension B is a slip fit in the adjuster. Dimension C has a generous clearance on the cable itself.

IMG_20200504_083105770.jpg

3 hours ago, tomek said:

You are annoying, miserable, petty cuban piece of shit. Worse than 5 pre-pmsed women. You bring something from 2017 because your sore ass syndrome runs that deep. Twenty seventeen. lol.

I don't wanna get into this so just shortly. Damaged camchain scraped enough plastic from camguides to clog mesh screen of oil pump's pick up.

#4 rod bearing failed and 4 piston suffered partial seizure. Those are on tail end of oil feed food chain.  Oil iirc rotella 5w/40. It carries jaso ma specs.

Super hawk, you should concentrate on things you know best, like resurrection of 50 years equipment, valve jobs without head removal and things of that nature.

Now you gonna shit on my vfr painting project because that's you, just what you normally do. Having no idea about particular subject won't stop you from talking. 

Dude you need your meds checked...

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, cecome said:

Probably. As you can tell my patience for his B.S. , twisting my posts, etc. run out loooooong time ago.

Edited by tomek

6 hours ago, tomek said:

You're such a stupid fucking cunt and your CDS (Cuban Derangement Syndrome) runs so deep you can't even see that I wasn't the one who resurrected your cam chain post, it was XXitanium, I merely responded to it.  As for your paint job, I did nothing but complement your abilities.  I said very clearly that I didn't have a clue how to do it, it would be retarded to then pretend I know how to do it or to insult your job on it; that's your specialty, don't project your retardation onto others.

Rein

43 minutes ago, superhawk996 said:

You're such a stupid fucking cunt and your CDS (Cuban Derangement Syndrome) runs so deep you can't even see that I wasn't the one who resurrected your cam chain post, it was XXitanium, I merely responded to it.  As for your paint job, I did nothing but complement your abilities.  I said very clearly that I didn't have a clue how to do it, it would be retarded to then pretend I know how to do it or to insult your job on it; that's your specialty, don't project your retardation onto others.

Jesus, you don't have balls to stand behind your  insult. Lol.

Edited by tomek

11 minutes ago, XXitanium said:

I did stir the pot. The VFR thread turned into an oil thread before I got out my ladle though.

Well, you seem to have just helped us prove that someone is a deranged cunt who can't let go of anything past.  

1 hour ago, SwampNut said:

Well, you seem to have just helped us prove that someone is a deranged cunt who can't let go of anything past.  

Yep, your bro. Sore ass syndrome is very thick in his case, actually pretty same for both of you.

7 hours ago, cecome said:

Probably. As you can tell my patience for his B.S. , twisting my posts, etc. run out loooooong time ago.

Edited 3 hours ago by tomek
Ya just never know what to expect. But that might have been the closest to honest this thread gets.

7 hours ago, tomek said:

Yep, your bro. Sore ass syndrome is very thick in his case, actually pretty same for both of you.

Does insanity run in your bloodline or is it just you?

6 hours ago, superhawk996 said:

Does insanity run in your bloodline or is it just you?

Yes, all are equally crazy. It is called zero tolerance for your B.S. You jumped in something almost 3 years old, insulted me, then you say you did not. You got no spine and display weasel like behavior quite often.

Your bro comes to the rescue, lol.

Edited by tomek

On 5/3/2020 at 8:12 AM, superhawk996 said:

...Do you think light oils might have lead to an early death on your R1?  Speaking of which; I lost track on that motor.  Did you rebuild it?  If so; any power mods done in the process?

...straight up polite question with no insults.

Me too @tomek , were you running a lighter oil? I used to get freaked out about my one mechanic had me go down to 5W-20? Rotella T6 for winter in my 7.3L diesel.

Right now I'm considering trying the T6 in my XX for this year.

Edited by XXitanium

Everyone is wrong, and if you dare question anything, you're a moron and you're attacking.

Ten minutes ago I was reading the oil specs for my new truck.  It comes with, and they recommend 0W-20.  There's a lot of weasel language in the oil section, but basically it comes down to recommending this for fuel economy.  They "allow" other weights such as 5w-20, 10w-30, and similar ranges.  So the recommendations may be pushed by EPA and not engine longevity.  Interesting.

3 minutes ago, SwampNut said:

So the recommendations may be pushed by EPA and not engine longevity.  Interesting.

...sell the vehicle and get it out the door by any means possible and CYA in the fine print. Color me cynical.