CBR1100XX.org Forum

New 97xx

97bbxx

I've had this bike for two weeks and finally got my new clutch in today but I don't think this was ever changed haha. It was pretty much gone I'd say. I new it was bad because it would slip something fierce in any gear no matter how easy i eased into to it

20200501_212123.jpg

20200501_212134.jpg

20200501_212132.jpg

8 hours ago, jon haney said:

Thanks, guys.  Appreciate the recognition, but I really can't take credit for the (minor) improvements in engine performance.  I just paid attention to what others here have posted.

97bbxx, if you do bigger pistons, pay close attention to the "squish area" (piston to head clearance).  IIRC, You want about .030".  Really bumped the torque on mine.  Had to cut .060" off the top of the cylinders to get it there, but that was with Wiseco pistons.  Have no idea where the compression ratio ended up, but it ran great on 87 octane for over ten years.  This is not piston-to-valve clearance.  You'll want more space for that.  At least .040", I think.

I appreciate the info that will come in handy here soon to be able to refrenece