CBR1100XX.org Forum

WTB rear axle

does anyone have a straight rear axle and nut? It's for a 99 but I think they're all the same. Willing to trade toilet paper or possibly an intact tool strap.

• Like 1

Ugh it's crazy, I can get stuff shipped from China and Europe faster and cheaper than I can from the US now. You'd think having that huge border with multiple land crossings would make things quicker and easier, but nope. 

16 minutes ago, rockmeupto125 said:

USPS has doubled domestic, and tripled prices over the borders in the last year.

HUH??  A cross country small package went up less than a buck.  Maybe you still ship at an actual post office and the counter rate is up?  It's not double though, for sure.

I typed an answer, don't know where it went.

I do ship at a post office.  Fancy, huh?  And an axle is pretty good sized, if it fits in an envelope it will be really fat to be protected enough not to get outside the envelop by the time it gets a thousand miles away.  A little over $8 for an envelope, $11 and change for a box.  Still cheaper and faster than UPS. 

Shipping is a rip. I marvel at how I can get free shipping on a $10 item that comes in an 18x24 box, yet it costs me nearly $20 to ship the same thing.

I just shipped out a pretty big box with a Jeep cover for $14 including the box itself, and feel like it's really cheap.  I'm not sure how much the extra charge is for going to a post office.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure most of you already know this but if any of you don't please be advised rockmeupto125 as a really nice guy. Kung Fu aside I wish I could shake his hand and buy him a beer.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, joblock said:

I'm sure most of you already know this but if any of you don't please be advised rockmeupto125 as a really nice guy. Kung Fu aside I wish I could shake his hand and buy him a beer.

Yep, we know but it never hurts to say it again.

56 minutes ago, joblock said:

That guy?!?  Oh he's just setting you up because he saw that you're new.  But as long as you don't get suckered into giving him your address you're probably fairly safe.

1 hour ago, joblock said:

Perhaps you could plan to attend NeXXT in early September and meet Joe in person as well as a bunch of other great people.

On 5/5/2020 at 11:02 PM, silverbird1100 said:

Not sure if this helps but I know an F4i axle fits my 919. There are noticeably lighter too.

My Hurricene 1000 is hollow as well. I'm wondering if it might swap.  .?

Not sure if I would want a lighter axle. The Stock Axl

was definitely bent. Granted that was with a slick and a wheelie bar. but I think I would stay with stock for the safety Factor.

Edited by joblock