CBR1100XX.org Forum

What do you think?

blackhawkxx

Interesting how the video and the image you attached shows two completely different lengths of the wrench head distance from the tool.  You would think that how far the tool is mounted down the length of the wrench would affect torque, right?  Or does the 90 degree thing have something to do with it?  That's the only part I don't follow.

Even if 90 degrees cancels the leverage advantage, how you pull the wrench can greatly effect the torque applied vs. the reading.  It would be very easy to alter the reading by a huge amount.  I would probably put the wrench straight out and calculate the added leverage so I know what to set the torque to, or do enough testing at 90 to confirm that I can pull in the right way to not alter the reading.

It's something I could use once in a while, not specifically for use with a torque wrench, so I might look into getting one.  It's probably not exclusive to Motion Pro so there's probably a cheaper option out there.

1 hour ago, superhawk996 said:

Even if 90 degrees cancels the leverage advantage, how you pull the wrench can greatly effect the torque applied vs. the reading.  It would be very easy to alter the reading by a huge amount.  I would probably put the wrench straight out and calculate the added leverage so I know what to set the torque to, or do enough testing at 90 to confirm that I can pull in the right way to not alter the reading.

It's something I could use once in a while, not specifically for use with a torque wrench, so I might look into getting one.  It's probably not exclusive to Motion Pro so there's probably a cheaper option out there.

Just measure the distance from the bolt to the end of torque wrench and compare with the length of torque wrench.

Wrench straight out might not always be possible.

Edited by tomek

motion pro has some brilliant tools. Their multi valve tool is awesome. It cuts 16 valve cylinder head assembly time to about 30 minutes.

Motion_Pro_Multi-valve_Tool_750x750.jpg

Absolutely they're accurate but you just have to follow the rules when using them. You can use it straight out but you'll have to calculate how much less input torque you'll need as your moment arm will be longer. I have a near complete set of these for work and quite often there is nothing else that will fit in where you need to go.

image.jpeg.54ea5fea65945eafdaa8952aa21f74f3.jpeg

7 hours ago, rhubarbray said:

Absolutely they're accurate but you just have to follow the rules when using them. You can use it straight out but you'll have to calculate how much less input torque you'll need as your moment arm will be longer. I have a near complete set of these for work and quite often there is nothing else that will fit in where you need to go.

image.jpeg.54ea5fea65945eafdaa8952aa21f74f3.jpeg

What do you call those or a link?