CBR1100XX.org Forum

2000 Ti Blackbird For Sale

For sale is my beloved "Preacher". Titanium metallic, all OEM except for 1.0 front springs, LSL frame sliders, Zero Gravity windscreen(original also goes with bike). Has two small nicks on the tail section and very minor rash on left case cover from previous owner's doughnut fail. Bike has always been garaged, especially for the 16 years I have owned him. 11,300 miles. Clutch and brake fluid just done along with T6 oil and K&N oil filter.
Located in Greensboro N.C.
Selling price $4.850.00

Sorry. Can't figure out how to load pics.

Edited by dansvs

16 hours ago, dansvs said:

Bike has always been garaged, especially for the 16 years I have owned him. 

Check the undercarriage, you will discover he is a "she", as are all machines of transport. No matter their name. 

Good luck with sale. 

• Like 1

My friend calls her Jeep he, it's odd sounding.  Maybe it's a sexual orientation thing, we call vehicles by what we want to ride. -?-

I rarely name vehicles, and can't remember ever referring to one as a he or she or giving one a gender based name.  Ashley has named a couple but I think they were made up names, not names we'd associate with people/gender.

You guys aren't making any friends here. If I could load the pics you would see his penis, and it's not the strap on type like some of you must have.

Got to start somewhere on the price.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, superhawk996 said:

I rarely name vehicles, and can't remember ever referring to one as a he or she or giving one a gender based name.

That's because you're straight.

15 minutes ago, dansvs said:

Got to start somewhere on the price.

This comes up regularly.  Realistically, even the most pristine XX won't go for that much.  You can ask whatever you'd like, and we're just going to tell you what we've seen.  This comes up on the forums for my other bike all the time.  They drop in value ridiculously, and people get insulted when I tell them how much I bought mine for, and how much others have paid.  As if FACTS can somehow be an insult, and as if the value of a vehicle is somehow personal.  They are not.

Oh, yes, sorry, forgot that part.  When you have a thread open, you can just drag/drop photos from your file manager (Finder, Explorer, whatever) into the gray bar below the post.  Or click the "choose files" link to select files.

So what exactly is broken?

image.png

It rolls around with its dick out and he calls it the Preacher.....sounds about right.

Value is difficult to ascertain.  The low miles are attractive, but these don't wear out so I think condition is more important than the number.  Any drop damage is a detractor.  It's hard to rash a case cover without some fairing damage, but assuming that cover is the only damage my best guess is $3500 is at the top end of what it might get and $3k will probably get it sold.

There's currently a nicely farkled ultra clean looking '98 with 28k on it for sale locally, he's asking $3200.

Edited by superhawk996

Shoot and I was hoping for 5k for mine😵

Shoot there is always someone willing to pay for something. It is just a matter how fast you want to sell it. Ford GT500 are going for ridiculous money over MSRP:)

44 minutes ago, SwampNut said:

The car sales market is FUCKED right now.  I can only imagine that bike sales are fucked in both holes.

I would love to buy my mustang now👍🏼

3 hours ago, SwampNut said:

Oh, yes, sorry, forgot that part.  When you have a thread open, you can just drag/drop photos from your file manager (Finder, Explorer, whatever) into the gray bar below the post.  Or click the "choose files" link to select files.

So what exactly is broken?

image.png

Did not give me drag or drop on initial post. only load from url.

preacher1.jpg

preacher2.jpg

preacher3.jpg

preacher4.jpg

preacher5.jpg

preacher6.jpg

Folks who own, or are in the market for an XX tend to be well informed and savvy about the market (which is clearly depressed at the moment). Your pics look good. You're wise to disclose the minor damage, but additional close-up pics thereof would no doubt help, rather than hinder, sale efforts--especially when trying to advertise online. Anyone making the effort to come & see the bike would most certainly want to know more about any damage, minor or otherwise. Best of luck with your sale.