CBR1100XX.org Forum

AC to DC direct current wall wart charging transformers 14V 1A

XXitanium

The kid abandoned a seemingly expensive E808 speaker. He couldn't find the power supply. He threw it in the trash. I salvaged it. (I see them on Amazon for $50.)

My wife found a supply with a plug end that fit and ran it for a while I'd like to get a good compatible supply for use in my new dungeon er - basement office.

E808 portable speaker SP901BK charger - gave me a pile of results with the DC voltage conveniently blurred out. ne'r-do-wells on greeDbay....

You guys are usually a treasure trove of arcane but useful knowledge. ...anybody want to take a swing at it? does the battery stand a chance of frying if I go too large or small of a voltage?

speaker--bad-advertizing.JPG

E808-speaker.jpg

The power specs will be shown on the compliance label on the speaker.  If this is the right one, then you need 14v and 1a.

png.php?id=2573116&page=0

Devices are pretty forgiving about these things, and having more is better than being low.  So a few volts higher is fine, and amps can be as high as you want.  But low amps would mean no charging, and low volts can mean frying things.  VERY high voltage can fry it, but slightly low can also.

I can stick a 15v 2a power supply in the mail to you if you want.  Just not sure which size of plug the speaker has.

So you need a 14v 1a power supply.  The size also has an inside pin dimension.  I have a 15v 1a with an N-type connector, which is 5.5 outer and 2.5 inner.  PM an address and I'll mail it.  I'm going to sneeze on it twice and wipe my dick on it, of course.

If you have a plug that fits, and Carlos has an adapter with the correct voltage, just splice the two together.

Redneck me would have taken the known good connector and wired it to a car battery to see if it worked.  If it did, an old computer power supply could power 100 of these.  I'm running a lightbar off of a cop car with a computer power supply.