CBR1100XX.org Forum

F350 Project #1 Door Locks

rockmeupto125

23 hours ago, rockmeupto125 said:

If the key is worn, copying it won't do much.

That's why I said a locksmith, not just some key cutter boy, might be able to take care of it.  They should be able to impression a new key.

Another option is getting the key code.  I don't know if ford has them by VIN, some manufacturers do.  If you have the owner's manual it might be in there.

NO manual, dealer should be able to cut one by the VIN. 

I've been spraying the locks daily....the brown stuff that boils out of the locks is pretty groty.  I wonder if people who live in really dusty/sandy areas have this problem frequently.

Spent some time going over the rig today.  Lots of spare wiring and lots of missing bolts I need to figure out what works.  Found a GPS unit under the dash from Autovantage...maybe this was a rental/fleet unit at some point.

What are you using on the locks?

I don't know the different brands of GPS trackers and what they're used for.  Coulda been a fleet, or a used car lot (for tracking deadbeats and easy repo) or a personal vehicle for theft recovery and/or tracking his slutty wife.

Autovantage is pitched to consumers as an add-on service for the purposes of roadside assistance and theft recovery.  Dealers mark it up 3 billion % and have a syphilitic monkey install it without tools and with rejected Chinese tap connectors.  Carefully check the wires you remove these from.