CBR1100XX.org Forum

Inflation?

Zero Knievel

Beginning of the end....'till he finds out that the new one has different seals that are no longer compatible with the old fluid and nobody in the store knows which one it needs.

😎

Collapse of the dollar....or the fact that parts cost more due to general inflation plus tariffs, and labor prices have gone up, and the supply of usable cores diminishes every day.  My local rebuilder has a huge stock of stuff, but for some older parts they're running out of rebuildable cores.  He also said that the tariffs have had a noticeable impact on them.

You are new here. About 10 years ago he would give us daily detailed briefings about immediate and catastrophic collapse of monetary system just around the corner.

32 minutes ago, superhawk996 said:

.'till he finds out that the new one has different seals that are no longer compatible with the old fluid and nobody in the store knows which one it needs.

It gets worse.  I've heard that they changed the direction of the Marzel vanes in them to fix a problem with the polarity of the fluid changing during the sinusoidal deplanaration phase, and now you have to fill the reservoir from the left.  And Mike ain't gonna let anyone tell him to lean left.

6 hours ago, Zero Knievel said:

2.  You never know who you get on the phone.

I do.  The same guy you get in the store.

16 minutes ago, blackhawkxx said:

Are you sure, I mean really sure?  Or is that what they want you to believe?

I guess now I need to drive down there and call the store.

But yes, at least the last time, "Jake" answered, got the part, and was there when I showed up to get it.

*Where of course, it's possible that they've told all employees to use the same name.