CBR1100XX.org Forum

FI-lamp issue

PilotMoose

Just bought my third XX, a 2006, with low milage.
I owned my last XX in 2005.

After having owned this one just a week I drove in heavy rain, stopped for gas and when I turned it on the FI-light wouldn´t go out.

The bike ran just fine so I got home.

After a lot of googling I found a thread that claimed that the service connector that is used to check the wiring when assembled was the problem.
The solution is to do a loom of the connectors in this connector.

However, the solution referred to XX´s from 1999-2000 and they are supposed to have a 20-pin plug with 19 wires but mine only has 10.
Did the loom anyway and thought the problem was solved but today when I washed my bike the FI-light came on again!

Have done the diagnostic procedure without getting any fault codes, taken apart all connectors under the saddle and the rear area, cleaned them as well as the ECM, put connector grease put them together and the light is still on!

Can someone, please, tell me what the heck is the problem?

No fault codes? Idling, in neutral, with the FI light on,  deploy the side stand. What happens to the light? Should flash the codes at that point. If it remains on then there is most likely a problem with the loom itself..or a connector. I have heard of wires breaking near the ECM. End of the road here is a new ECM. This happened to me (2000 with code 25) and I eventually had to obtain new ECM to fix it.

Merry new year all

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, fizzy said:

Idling, in neutral, with the FI light on,  deploy the side stand. What happens to the light? Should flash the codes at that point.

I had no idea, interesting.

HI, New Here.

2005 Blackbird 40k miles.

I was on a trip in Spain a couple of years ago and had the FI light come on with no issue with the running of the bike or affecting anything. I had already done the loom fix. Turned out it was the ECM unit thats located at the rear under the seat near the rear tail light. I simply used some velcro to fasten it down securely to the plastic tray it is sat on/sliding around on as its not fastened down (well mine wasn't anyway). It was being bumped around and vibrated while riding. Sorted my problem out with the FI light. They don't like being moved around/vibrated/bumped around apparently.

May be worth a try.

Hope this helps.

Edited by crj007
  • Upvote 1