CBR1100XX.org Forum

WTB '99-00, or ‘03 XX

There's two other reasons I said what I said about mileage also.  First, it's mileage exempt so you don't know for sure if it's real or not.  Secondly, I don't know how it works in the rest of the good ole USA, but when I tell somebody I have 50k plus on a sportbike they want to see the odometer.  These idiots around here destroy bikes in the first 5-10k miles.  Granted, a bird isn't exactly a GSXR600 with a 16 year old trying to be a stunter, but 20k is the same as 200k in a lot of people's minds when it comes to sportbikes.

Carlos' 50-ish thousand mile '00 probably had relatively low hours since many of his were racked up at ludicrous speed.

Analog gauge story, probably a bit inaccurate due to time and aged memory:  I'm at In&Out with my first '97 (stocker with soft luggage) and a young guy with an R6 strikes up a conversation.  "when I get older I might get a bike like that, but I like my speed too much".  I giggle and tell him that he doesn't know what fast is.  Some back & forth later he leans in and looks/points to my speedo and starts saying something about my big slow touring bike only being able to go.......HOLY FUCK, 205?!?!?  "Yea, that's where it stops, but it's totally optimistic".  Pause for him to just start to react.  "The highest I've been able to hit was 193".

So far it's looking pretty good to be able to go see it today.  When we got off the phone I realized that instead of taking photos I can FaceTime you while I'm there, if you're available to do it, that way you can direct me to see whatever you want up close.  When it's time I'll shoot you a text and we'll go from there.

Edited by superhawk996

11 hours ago, nomadicdread said:

I'm a needle junkie.  Those LCD movements do nothing for me.

I'm getting antsy...just told the woman I'm thinking about flying down and riding up. Have her pick me up at the CA border  She said, "OK.".

Your woman sounds like a keeper. Good luck with the hunt. For me it is the thrill of the chase that drives me.  I will have to search through my drawers and boxes of XX shit. I know I used to have a European light switch with the ability to turn the head lamp off.

5 hours ago, TOXXIC said:

Here's a likely stolen Blackbird just minutes from your house! 😂

https://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/mpo/d/eatonville-blackbird-cbr-1100xx/7063439909.html

Corbin, Ohlins, V&H full exhaust, hugger....if it were near me I'd be taking a look.

"Took it on trade, haven't started it, have no interest in it, was told that it runs"...first thought is that it doesn't run, but I've known of a few deals like that where the person takes it and truly gives not enough fucks to even turn the key and puts it up for sale cheap.

3 hours ago, nomadicdread said:

Another one off the list.  Got some FaceTime with superhawk996. The fully kitted out Bird has a cracked fairing, a cracked and missing a piece from the rear cowling, and the upper cowling has been painted red inside the air intake.

You could get a full China fairing set cheap and make it look new, assuming they're not junk.  He doesn't seem to be getting much action on it and he has to drive pretty far to show it so while he initially said he was firm at $3K, I think he's starting to figure out that it's not gonna be an easy sale so he might take less.  And we chatted a bit after I got off the phone with you.  He has a decent sized car & bike collection, "too many toys to enjoy".  He has two storage units at that place, not sure where the rest of the collection is.  He's got 3 cars and a couple bikes on the chopping block, along with a bunch of other stuff, because he wants to close out the storage there.

I think the black & white Repsol is a semi-custom job so that adds extra possibilities for fuck ups.  There are off the shelf faring sets in many colors, including black, that just have the normal XX decals that probably won't have the Repsol problem.  Fitment on them seems to be hit & miss.

Their description of the XX kit says "gloss black" so it may not be the same black as the bike, something worth checking since they're more money than the stuff on eBay.  I think someone here bought a black set off eBay once and it was the metallic like original.