CBR1100XX.org Forum

WTB '99-00, or ‘03 XX

I'm looking for a relatively low miles, stock '99-'00 or ‘03 XX preferably in the pacific northwest. Have truck, will travel, for the right bike/deal outside of the PNW.
I would prefer the bike to be stock, however mods that I'm fine with are Heli bars or VFR bars, some windscreens, aftermarket seats, and luggage.

Edited by nomadicdread

1 hour ago, nomadicdread said:

I never would have thought there would be such interest in my interests.

'99-'00 XX are the only ones that come in the combination of black, Fi, and an analog instrument cluster.

Unlike WA Guns, this is a very eccentric and completely insane group of inmates who run the asylum. There are also virtually no rules here. People say what they want when they want. They also post crazy and inappropriate stuff, provided it is tagged NWS. (Not Work Safe).

Good luck in your search for the bike YOU want!  It is out there and you will hopefully find it.

6 hours ago, nomadicdread said:

'99-'00 XX are the only ones that come in the combination of black, Fi, and an analog instrument cluster.

Now I get it.  Pretty sure you can swap clusters easily, but I understand wanting to find it stock.  I too liked the analog, then got used to the digital, now have another analog and I'm not sure which one I like more, but I'm slightly pro-analog.

You are correct about the 99-00 being the only FI bikes with analogue speedometers. The fi on them is a little buggy, they have a  very rich spot (as most early century hondas did) but it's an easy fix with a power commander. IIRC there's also a minor change in fuel capacity between the early and late FI bikes. 

My 99 is for sale (not officially), but as you can tell, I'm not close to you.  Also, I have some mods not on your list (and non that you mentioned were okay).  Mine is only showing about 26K miles, but there is a reason for that.  PM me, if you're interested in details.

SOLD NOW. 1-12-20

Edited by jon haney

On 1/6/2020 at 2:16 PM, jon haney said:

My 99 is for sale (not officially), but as you can tell, I'm not close to you.  Also, I have some mods not on your list (and non that you mentioned were okay).  Mine is only showing about 26K miles, but there is a reason for that.  PM me, if you're interested in details.

SOLD NOW. 1-12-19

You sold it a year ago?

The first couple times I wrote 2020 on an invoice it felt odd, now I just equate it to the vision I once had and the upcoming re-election and it feels more natural.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, nomadicdread said:

I've got my eye on one in SoCal, just waiting on some peeps of mine to get their eyes on it. Kind of hard to justify the trip down without having it looked at first. It's a four day round trip.

If it's near 91745 and you don't have a trusted friend available I can check it out and either put down a deposit or possibly pick it up & hold it for you if you'd like.

Edited by superhawk996
  • Upvote 4

On 1/15/2020 at 7:27 AM, superhawk996 said:

If it's near 91745 and you don't have a trusted friend available I can check it out and either put down a deposit or possibly pick it up & hold it for you if you'd like.

That is very generous of you. I may need to take you up on that. It's an hour and half south of that zip code as the crow flies.  Probably an hour as the Bird flies. 

85-ish miles.

If you think it's a good bike I'm not opposed to going down there and raping inspecting it for you.  I would want direct contact info for the seller to schedule it so it all goes smoothly.  You don't know me, but I do lots of pre-purchase inspections as part of my job.  As with anything there is no way to guarantee that something's perfect, but I weed out a lot of stuff people miss so I feel pretty confident in saying that if it passes my inspection it's good.  I haven't had a single one that went wrong, and I weed out the majority of the crappy deals just from a phone conversation.

Edited by superhawk996
  • Upvote 1

In most  of my west of rockies findings, bikes are posted for $3000-$4000 with a few sellers asking for even more. A '00 for $5900????  All of these bikes have posted for weeks, months, and a couple for at least a year. Yet, no one has been interested in getting off their high price.  It seems that the more I look, the less I'm willing to pay.

1 hour ago, superhawk996 said:

WOW. Your Craigslist Google-Fu is vastly superior to mine.  I'm going to contact him and see what the story is. Thank you. I really don't know how I missed this one.

Edited by nomadicdread