CBR1100XX.org Forum

Crashed my Blackbird, need help with upper cowl!

Crashedbirb

Just now, rockmeupto125 said:

Fuckin' Jeeps.

Looks pretty straightforward.  Just check all the tabs on the lowers.  It's  and indication of how tight that package is that the lower fairing set stayed essentially intact while the upper cowl sheared off.

Yup, lower fairing set is honestly entirely okay, I'd like to get a new upper cowl so I can have OEM fairings ontop of that, I plan on getting repsol black/white fairings so I can have 2 sets to switch between. Just gotta wet sand, paint over, and seal.

2 hours ago, Crashedbirb said:

I did check the wiring and wasnt affected at all! The one near me is NHRA so I'd look for another but I could just run it stock, I still need a lanyard kill switch though since it does a quarter mile faster than 11 seconds/can do over 120mph in that time, thats just the track rules

I had an old sled I put one on. It had a tether. It was cheap and easy to accomplish.

https://www.amazon.com/ZOOKOTO-Universal-Outboard-Lanyard-Tohatsu/dp/B0777CSJH6/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Sea+Dog+420488-1&qid=1573522667&s=sporting-goods&sr=1-1

Reminds me of my first time to a drag strip.  Part of tech inspection was the neutral safety switch test for autos.  They'd watch as you put it in gear and turn the key, then back into park and turn the key so you 'could't' cheat.  My buddy's car didn't have a functional NSS so I quickly wired it to the brake light switch making it easy to cheat without being noticed and it got him through tech.