CBR1100XX.org Forum

WTB: 4G Flip Phone

$39 shipped on ebay brand new.  If they do it like AT&T does, they can reprogram the SIM it comes with for no additional charge.

Why you want a flip I have no idea.  I personally have a candy bar (straight) phone.  You can't kill it.  Flips break at the hinge.  But here you go.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Prepaid-Verizon-E-Talk-Flip-Phone-4G-LTE-2-8-OVGM-dislpay-2-MP-camera-1500-mAh/283646400089?hash=item420aa49659%3Ag%3AZoYAAOSw5nBdqKcV&LH_BIN=1

This phone is for my mother.  She currently has an LG VX8300 on my Verizon account.  She can use it because she's had it for more than 10 years and remembers to open it when it rings.  At that point it is "answered" and she can talk.  She can't use buttons or understand how to call out.

Most of her contacts (family) have her landline number.  She's had the same number for more than 60 years and I'd like to keep it for nostalgic reasons, and not have to contact the entire family to give them a new number, then hope they wrote it down.  Verizon says they can port the number to a flip phone, but it has to be 4G, which her LG is not. She doesn't use data and never will.  She doesn't text and never will.  The only thing she can do is flip the phone open and that's why I want a phone that will do just that.

The reason they are saying that is that the CDMA network is being shut down.  You need a VoLTE phone.  Anyone using older phones will find themselves having more and more call problems, then it just won't work.  I can't help you on specific devices, I just don't know.  

Prepaid saves a lot, do you need postpaid extras (larger roaming area)?  And are you sure you can't just slap the SIM into any phone?  I change phones willy-nilly and Verizon doesn't need to know, just move the SIM.

Well, the lack of SIM would fuck you up, of course.  I have never heard of a problem swapping them around until now.  If you don't need the extended LTE coverage, the prepaid would probably save you a lot.  We're at $85 with two devices and 15GB per device.  Obviously she only needs basic service which is like $20.