CBR1100XX.org Forum

Jeeps for Sale

I take it where you are they do not subtract the trade in price from the new purchase price and only tax you on the difference. 

I know in cali they do not but in Tx they do.

In my recent purchase of the f150 with trading in my tacoma I got 27K trade in value so subtracting that from the 33K of the new truck I was only taxed around 450 bucks on the transaction saving about 1300 or so in taxes if I had sold the Tacoma outright and no way it would have sold for 28,300 fast private party. I watched for a few weeks while looking and saw several similar to my trade selling at 28K and never moving off the lot.

So depending on where you are and the rules sometimes it is a better deal to trade in a car over selling it outright.

Glad you got a good price some one is getting a nice jeep when they buy it.

18 hours ago, DBLXX said:

Didn’t look under the hood - didn’t start it - didn’t look at the inside. Didn’t open any doors.  He hands me a Mt. Kisco BMW check for $24,900.

That's nuts, and would scare me.

10 hours ago, SoCalBird said:

A dealership handing over a check for a used car I would not have one worry about even if it had been for double that. No way a large dealership would risk there license over buying a used car.

🤣  They have great lawyers and contracts written in ten layers of legalease.  I've read/heard of many unethical dealer stories.  Being a big high dollar place it's more likely to be legit, but I wouldn't automatically discount the possibility of some fine print fuck you down the road.  Especially since they forked over top dollar.  But: being a dealership makes it easy for buyers to get financed and this particular Jeep is immaculate so it makes it easy for them to sell.

I’m sure they’ll put up

one of mine. How could they not? I think they’ll sell it close to that....honestly. 

Im super surprised it went up so quickly. I’d have bet it would have sat in a far corner of the lot for 2 or 3 months. 

11 hours ago, Furbird said:

Mandatory $999 dealer doc and prep fee.  $1k financing kickback.  $3k extended warranty.

Nobody lets vehicles sit on the lot.  And for some reason, the people who get and upload pics are never the same ones that do the rest of the listing.  So anything new here goes up with a stock photo "and real pics coming soon."

Honest question, Dave.

Do you buy stuff and spend $$$ in farkeling just to ultimately sell it as a form of therapy?

My dad did that with boats.  Bought one in need of work.  Fix it up.  Use it some...ultimately selling it.  I mean, redo wiring, export painting hull, etc. types of repair work.  It was his “therapy” for work stress, so mom tolerated it within reason.  I remember many a trip to boat supply stores in Miami looking for bits for repairs he was doing.

Honest question, Dave.

Do you buy stuff and spend $$$ in farkeling just to ultimately sell it as a form of therapy?

My dad did that with boats.  Bought one in need of work.  Fix it up.  Use it some...ultimately selling it.  I mean, redo wiring, export painting hull, etc. types of repair work.  It was his “therapy” for work stress, so mom tolerated it within reason.  I remember many a trip to boat supply stores in Miami looking for bits for repairs he was doing.

16 minutes ago, Zero Knievel said:

Honest question, Dave.

I wouldn't say therapy....but more like a hobby.  I enjoy it.  

Today after work I am going to look at a 2020 Subaru WRX STI - just for the hell of it.  If they can give me a magical deal I may do it.

4 hours ago, Zero Knievel said:

Can it just be a hobby without being a judgment of mental state?  Is dicking around with bikes any different?  You can also potentially be making/saving money doing things that way, as well as getting something customized to your choices.

2 hours ago, SwampNut said:

Can it just be a hobby without being a judgment of mental state?  Is dicking around with bikes any different?  You can also potentially be making/saving money doing things that way, as well as getting something customized to your choices.

Well, isn’t any hobby basically therapy?  I’d be a full blown nutter if I didn’t have a motorcycle. :D