CBR1100XX.org Forum

Jeeps for Sale

You can get a lot of online quotes without them seeing it.  Carmax and KBB are options.  Right now, Vroom.com is in startup mode and is said to be overpaying for cars by 10%.  It's worth 90 seconds to find out.  I would have run it myself if I knew your VIN.

All such sites expect you to have lied about condition, and to be able to nit-pick it down 10%.  You will bring something in that they've never seen before, ever.  Showroom quality, perfectly clean.  I have no idea if they are even trained to deal with that, LOL.

• Upvote 1

Sure, but two quotes is always better.  You can at least show it to the KBB people if they try to scam you.

Holy shit, I had no idea how close you are to Kiryas Joel.  Have you been through there??  Would you get a token pass?  The BMW dealer that's exactly 30.2 miles from you is still in NY, a one-party consent law.  If you go there, you can record this without telling anyone.  

Those guys are going to shit a brick.  They don't even have to detail it.  I've only ever known one other person as anal (not the board kind, but attention to detail LOL) as you.  Older ex-military guy that ordered Firebirds and the dealer would call him on delivery day so he could supervise them rolling it off the truck.  They wouldn't even PDI it unless he was there.  He pulled all the plastic off of it and did the first detail with Zaino products before he even signed the paperwork.

Doing my own PDI and plastic/paper removal was a real treat.  You might have noticed I'm less anal about what happens to the Jeep after that though...

16 minutes ago, Furbird said:

Those guys are going to shit a brick.

But yes, they are.

Vroom didn’t ask what “model” of wrangler.  KBB asked if it was a Willys Wheeler. 

I’ll let you know what they come in at. 

My Jeep has exactly 6230 miles on it and I went through the engine bay with a Qtip before I put it away. Honda polished the wheel wells and the under carriage looks factory polished. 

I will tell you this. If it’s raining on Saturday - I’m not driving it there in the rain or if it’s wet out. Lol. 

It’s still mine !!!!

Edited by DBLXX

1 hour ago, DBLXX said:

You will definitely get something.  I had no clue about any of these.

I was kidding.  But also didn't know I'd start a bidding war.  So when the nukes go off it will be Carlos' fault since he added in the Vroom one.  I was pitting KBB against Carmax but now it's like the Batmobile at Barrett Jackson.

I am running low on Reese's cups though so there's that... 🤣

It's interesting what each of us become aware of, and others don't.  I don't see any ads, these services are just talked about in car/Jeep places online.  But there are posts about people in politics who I've never seen and have no clue who they are.

Walked in. GM of the BMW dealer walked around the outside - maybe 2 minutes looking at the outside. 

Didn’t look under the hood - didn’t start it - didn’t look at the inside. Didn’t open any doors. 

2 hours for paperwork/info to clear. 

He hands me a Mt. Kisco BMW check for $24,900. Told me they bought it and they will sell it. 

This place sells cars. While I was there they sold 2 $100,000 BMW X7’s to one family at the same time. 

In the 2 hours I was there - at lease 10 new cars were picked up.