CBR1100XX.org Forum

Jeeps for Sale

5 hours ago, superhawk996 said:

So did any of today's buyers come though?

highest offer was $24. I’m considering it - 

3 people showed. One didn’t realize it was manual and the other wanted to trade me his Harley for it. 

3 hours ago, DBLXX said:

One didn’t realize it was manual

Shit like that always amazes me.  I don't know what you put in your ad, but I assume it was stated and that there are photos of the interior which would make it obvious.  I've had similar experiences with dumb buyers completely ignoring something that is clearly in the ad.

20 hours ago, tomek said:

To certified narcissistic "ignore" is the worst possible punishment. 

Actually, it's the best possible compliment.  It confirms that the person is so important, meaningful, and unignorable that you must turn to electronic tools to keep yourself from reacting to said narcissist.  A true win.

I sold and delivered a car, then got a call hours later complaining that they can't drive it because it's a manual.  I delivered it because it was in storage, so it was easier to get it out, wash it, and drive it there than back home.  I replied with a link to a driving school.

16 minutes ago, SwampNut said:

I replied with a link to a driving school.

LOL, really funny. Going back to narcissist, attention is their blood line,supply and fuel. They can not exist without that. For them even negative attention is way better then nothing.

If you cut them off from your life expect all hell to brake loose. I fully expect Dave to shit on my posts here and there.

6 hours ago, tomek said:

Going back to narcissist, attention is their blood line,supply and fuel. They can not exist without that. For them even negative attention is way better then nothing.

That explains the motivation behind many of your posts, I had no idea, but it totally makes sense.

7 hours ago, tomek said:

LOL, really funny. Going back to narcissist, attention is their blood line,supply and fuel. They can not exist without that. For them even negative attention is way better then nothing.

If you cut them off from your life expect all hell to brake loose. I fully expect Dave to shit on my posts here and there.

Break.

21 hours ago, tomek said:

Than.

On 10/27/2019 at 12:51 PM, SwampNut said:

Actually, it's the best possible compliment.  It confirms that the person is so important, meaningful, and unignorable that you must turn to electronic tools to keep yourself from reacting to said narcissist.  A true win.

I sold and delivered a car, then got a call hours later complaining that they can't drive it because it's a manual.  I delivered it because it was in storage, so it was easier to get it out, wash it, and drive it there than back home.  I replied with a link to a driving school.

You'll laugh but I've no-shit had people buy motorcycles then complain that they have to shift gears... 

Jesus.

I just recommended the MSF class to someone who wants to ride.  I listed the things he'd learn, and when I got to shifting...  "Oh, bikes don't have automatic transmissions?"  I did tell him an NC700 might be his thing.

8 minutes ago, Furbird said:

I guess the 24k offer guy didn't show up?  Why not trade it in, or are they raping you with an offer?  What about Carmax or whoever it is that gives you a cash offer on the spot?

$24 guy turned in to a $20 guy. Never been to a car max. 

I’m not dying to sell it and now I have the rentals - I may need something to pull some sort of small hauler. If it’s still in my possession come April - it wouldn’t be the worst thing. I really love driving it. But - if it goes - it goes. 

I’d love to find someone who was

like me to take it. I’m a rare bird. 

Was really hoping someone here would want it. That would be cool. Always makes me feel good to give someone an insane deal. 

I was pretty sure it wouldn't fetch your asking price or anywhere above 20 without super luck.  My guess is that it's in the mid, maybe high, teens and dropping every day.  The JL has killed the JK market and your option package will reduce buyers to a small number.  The right guy will pay a premium, but there's few of those guys.  My guess is that if you asked 20 you'd get more traction and it would fetch 17ish.  Different coast, different market, so I don't really know.

KBB.com offers an instant cash deal where you fill in all the pertinent information (and it is pretty detailed) and they will email you a legit offer for it.  Trade in shows 22-25k even deducting for the no AC option and that's in my zip code so it should be higher in an area where AC is not basically mandatory.  It may be worth attempting to see if you can get what you want out of it.  I would also take it to Carmax so that way you'll have some hard numbers to look at to see if it's worth keeping or not.  No sense in giving it away if you have firm offers for more money and allowing somebody else to flip it at your loss.  If you really don't want it going to a dealer you could stick it on ebay with a buy it now close to what your kbb and carmax offers are.

Got a guy from the wrangler board on to it.  He said he’d email me tomorrow if he wants it. 

Have 3 people coming to look at it Wednesday. Told the guy - $500 discount if he makes yo his mind by Tuesday so I don’t have to deal with 3 more idiots Wednesday. 

lol