CBR1100XX.org Forum

Any reason why copy and paste doesn’t work with iOS devices?

Zero Knievel

3 hours ago, Zero Knievel said:

I know the forum was down last night

First I've heard of this, and my monitoring systems didn't alert to any issues.  I wasn't doing any work and haven't changed anything.  What time?  I'll test the copy and paste thing with an iOS device.

This is copy and paste on an iPad:

First I've heard of this, and my monitoring systems didn't alert to any issues.  I wasn't doing any work and haven't changed anything.  What time?  I'll test the copy and paste thing with an iOS device.

Seems fine.  What browser?  Any plugins?

the last post was in chrome. Here’s a copy and paste in safari. 

I know the forum was down last night, but it seems copy and paste is buggered.  Likewise, I get a “forbidden” page if content is longer than a few lines.

Perhaps it’s where I’m at?  I can’t access the forum over WiFi.  I can access over cellular, even got the iPad to work for a while using the phone as a hotspot, but copy and paste has been wonky ever since updating to iOS 13.  I’m wondering if something in the new iOS release doesn’t want to play nice with the board, but the iPad was not updated to 13.

I just tried on another web forum.  Copy/paste works fine over there.

I’ve even redictated the entire post only to have the submission be blocked.  My best guess is perhaps my local cellular provider puts a cap like Twitter, but why am I able to upload multiple photos to Flickr with no problem?

43 minutes ago, Zero Knievel said:

I’ve even redictated the entire post only to have the submission be blocked.  

What exactly does that mean?  Exact error message?  There seems to be an issue with embedded Youtube and a 403 error, sometimes.

49 minutes ago, Zero Knievel said:

I can’t access the forum over WiFi.

Again, specific error message?  Does "over wifi" mean all the time, on multiple wifi networks, or just one specific network you always use?

Also, what happens with the copy/paste?  Are you unable to copy, unable to paste?  I tried this on an iPad, iPhone XS, and iPhone 5 now.  iOS 13 on the first two, older iOS on the 5 obviously.

Also, what browser, and any blockers or add-ons?

That would be really weird.  I tried it on my wifi network, and on Verizon.

Are you pasting by touching the screen, then selecting paste, or by using the paste icon above the keyboard?  Have you tried both?

I didn’t notice the paste icon.  It works when I use that.  Incidentally, the forum stopped auto adapting links about the same time, so I had to start entering them manually via the icon on the reply box.

I just managed to successfully update the thread over my hotspot.

There is, but it's pretty damn huge.  I think there's something going on with the 403 errors and links which is totally separate from the paste issue.  (And it sounds like that's solved using the clipboard icon?)  I also wonder if turning off the rich editor could help.

We’ll I’m having issues with just one day’s report.  I’ve inserted links for the photo albums, but the text is no go.

Got it to post on another forum with no issues.  Here’s a link to the test.  If you spot anything in it that poses an issue, I’d love to know what it is.

You don’t need to post my trip entry now.  I sent you a PM on the issue.

Edited by Zero Knievel
Post resolved.

Could you copy the text from that link and paste it as a new post in the trip thread?

http://www.cbr1100xx.org/forums/index.php?/topic/96239-hey-zero-how’s-europe/

I don’t see any other workaround.  The paste quirks only with the .ORG site.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

Terms of Use