CBR1100XX.org Forum

Hearing aids

OMG

I currently have StarKey brand blue tooth hearing aids.
They work amazing.

Didn't realize what I was not hearing

I have an App on my iPhone that controls everything. I build custom EQ maps for different environments and then add a custom name.
I run a 64 track sound board for my church so I have a custom map made that I use when working the sound board. Named it "church"
When I get a phone call, my phone does not ring out loud, instead just rings in my aids. My aids have there own mic's (2) so the phone stays in my pocket or on the car cradle.
Anything that you can connect to your phone will automatically come through your aids.
The model that I have will even translate any one of over 35 languages in real time.
The technology in hearing aids has come a long way in the past 18 months.
I got mine back in March and the audiologist told me that 2018 is considered the year for hearing aids. 

The good ones are not cheap though! That is unless you are a qualified Veteran, then the cost is very reasonable, (free).

Edited by John01XX

Probably the oddest thing in the Universe.

THE GUIDE

The Babel fish is a small, bright yellow fish, which can be placed in someone's ear in order for them to be able to hear any language translated into their first language. Ford Prefect puts one in Arthur Dent's ear at the beginning of the story so that he can hear the Vogon speech.