CBR1100XX.org Forum

WTB. VFR risers USA

Risers to install on VFR bars, VFR bars to install on a Bird, or just looking for any type/brand higher bars for a Bird?

If the latter, I have Helibars and I think some other brand.  Possibly some VFR bars too, I'd have to check.

After posting that I remembered where I'd put them.  I thought I had 3 sets of different risers, turns out two of them are stock '97-'98 bars and one set of Helibars.  Helis run $319 new, how bout half off?

The stock lines/cables don't need to be changed, see link below for details.  

https://www.helibars.com/products/HeliBars®-handlebar-risers-for-Honda-CBR1100XX-Blackbird/301.html

From memory I think the VFR bars require that you do some tweaking to use the stock cables/hose.  I'm guessing Heli uses less rise and more set-back and maybe an angle change to achieve a similar position without being so high as to be a problem for the stock hose/cables.

I think you can get a little extra comfort from the stockers by raising and rotating them.  I did this on my SuperHawk which had similar bars.  It didn't do as much as aftermarket bars will, but it helped.

Perfect,

2 hours ago, superhawk996 said:

After posting that I remembered where I'd put them.  I thought I had 3 sets of different risers, turns out two of them are stock '97-'98 bars and one set of Helibars.  Helis run $319 new, how bout half off?

Perfect, let me know how you want payment and exact price shipped to 12785 (ny). Thanks

• Upvote 1

Wampum, delivered by mule.

I'll see what shipping runs, and paypal will work if you can't find a mounted courier.

Edited by superhawk996

• 3 weeks later...