CBR1100XX.org Forum

1999 blackbird for parts or to build

would need; instrument cluster, battery, rectifier, front rotors / master cylinder & possibly bodywork not pictured (mirrors).  wiring harness was partially disassembled by p.o. who planned a part-out.  not sure if anything's missing, looks mostly there.

little bit of corrosion in the tank.  no title, only a dmv printout showing no theft or liens.

still some farkles left;  pc2, delinked brakes w/ steel lines, rear sets, remus cans (can provide stock if preferred).  unknown clutch master cylinder (reservoir mount tab cracked off).

$500 / offer.  open to trades for a truck or dual sportish bike or utilitarian car (wagon?).  i know i'd need to throw in a grand or two to make that fair.  also open to partial trades for blackbird parts, most interested in red bodywork or a full exhaust.

i bought this a year or so ago and got all the parts i'd wanted.  now's the time to get it oughta here._DSC0524.thumb.jpg.f84b55b0eba8794c0ebf649aa5cbca51.jpg

_DSC0521.jpg

_DSC0522.jpg

_DSC0523.jpg

_DSC0525.jpg

I saw your CL ad last night.  How much for the PC2, and how is it tuned?  I've never looked into them (used something else in the past) and wonder if they can just be moved reasonably without retuning.  I'd like to get rid of that norml flat spot, which is much worse with just a bit of altitude (I'm at 1700' and ride to 5k).

at this point, i'm still trying to sell the whole enchilada but, it's not clear how much of a draw these aftermarket bits are...  not sure i want to deal with selling all the bits separate.  one guy wanted the wheels, i do have some bent spares but, the front won't hold air anymore.  image what a pain in the ass it could become to move...

i have no idea on the state of tune.  bike had stock headers with yoshi carbon slip ons (these are now on my bike).  haven't looked in the airbox.

one drawback to these is the need for a laptop with a serial port to access.  i'm guessing this wouldn't be a problem for you.

i'll ask any potential buyers if they mind if i remove that.  for you, i'd take $50.

Edited by ptxyz

On 7/29/2019 at 10:05 AM, SwampNut said:

I saw your CL ad last night.  How much for the PC2, and how is it tuned?  I've never looked into them (used something else in the past) and wonder if they can just be moved reasonably without retuning.  I'd like to get rid of that norml flat spot, which is much worse with just a bit of altitude (I'm at 1700' and ride to 5k).

Beware that some models of Power Commander only work on certain years, from what I've read.

I never noticed a flat spot, maybe it's the different air or the way we ride & what we notice.

30 minutes ago, superhawk996 said:

Beware that some models of Power Commander only work on certain years, from what I've read.

This is correct, I meant to post it, but figured he knew. Was most apparent when I had my 2001 and 2003 bikes.

There's a big lean spot just off idle and then another one up higher.  The old bike had a simpler enrichener that just added fuel at certain RPM.  It added around 7HP and took out the lean spot off idle.

• 3 weeks later...

sold locally for $400.  apologies to swampnut, the buyer wanted the pc2.

guy has 2 incomplete bikes now and intends to build 1.  he also has a bunch of parts including some nice oem bodywork.  pm me if you'd like his email, he's looking to sell / trade some of his hoard (lots of bicycles & tools too).

• Upvote 1

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/17/2020 at 4:21 PM, ptxyz said:

sold but, pm'd you the buyers contact info.

Get him to post up and let us watch his progress so we can live vicariously through him.

On 3/14/2020 at 6:53 AM, RXX said:

Get him to post up and let us watch his progress so we can live vicariously through him.

i wouldn't expect too much for that poor old bike.  guy's kind of a hoarder.  he used to have a bicycle shop and the backyard's stuffed to the gills with the remains and overgrown with blackberry.  front yard's got several bikes and a couple of project cars.  nice neighborhood but, i'd bet the neighbors hate how his place (lives with mom) looks.

5 hours ago, ptxyz said:

i wouldn't expect too much for that poor old bike.  guy's kind of a hoarder.  he used to have a bicycle shop and the backyard's stuffed to the gills with the remains and overgrown with blackberry.  front yard's got several bikes and a couple of project cars.  nice neighborhood but, i'd bet the neighbors hate how his place (lives with mom) looks.

Yeah, but he sounds like our kind of guy.

On 3/15/2020 at 1:30 PM, ptxyz said:

Sad death for it.