CBR1100XX.org Forum

Wanted: A few parts

Cleaning up a bird on the cheap, figured I'd ask here before buying retail.  Stuff I need:

Right mirror stem

Left rear lower fairing bolt (one of the not-pretty ones, might be generic)

Push pins for the dash cowling below the tach on 2001 and newer

Bottom fairing push pins

Front cowling push pins (the black cover behind the front wheel)

Various other push pins

Thermostat

Grommet nuts for the middle bolt on the windscreen

Plastic washers for the windscreen bolts

5 hours ago, XXitanium said:

Can you ID the lower fairing bolt? I bought some extras hex Allen cap screws last year when I did the Givi bags. (Maybe stainless?)

Not sure.  It may be a generic bolt.  Way down low and rear.  I guess that's a cheap part.

Shortly after buying that Bird I bought a box of used XX hardware on ebay and thought I'd replaced all the missing and incorrect bolts.  I might have it and didn't notice, or didn't have it and that's why it's still missing.  I replaced the couple missing plastic pins that came with the box of stuff, but only had a few.

2001, that's pretty much the parts list needed, everything else is serviceable.  Well, and the headlight has minor issues but I'm not going to replace it unless it's super cheap.  They are pricey.

The tool strap, of course, is missing.

And did you know that the strap isn't even orderable?  When you look at the diagram and parts list, the list skips right past the number of the strap and one other item.

On 7/22/2019 at 2:59 PM, John01XX said:

I sold hundreds of them back in the day.
 I forget the size now but I ordered them in through Fastenal as a Buna O-Ring.

They held up better than the OEM O-ring!

I was using an o-ring too, it was already old when I found it and I think it broke.  That's why I had to get rid of that pile o crap bike.

• Upvote 1

On 7/22/2019 at 1:04 PM, blackhawkxx said:

Would have been a deal breaker for me. 😏

You think I was dumb enough to disclose such a flaw?

I can't remember if it still had any kind of strap, but probably not.  Actually, I paid no attention to the underseat area before taking it to him, evidenced by the Cornwell 10mm deep socket he recently found in there.  That socket had probably lived there since Carlos came out to get his China bike, I installed a new battery while he was here.

Looks like it's time to complete my Partzilla order of the stuff people didn't sell/give me from here.  Got a few of the items.  The bike is getting a bunch of attention on cheap little items and cleaning while it's mostly too hot to ride.  I took the adventure bike out today, but it puts out a lot less engine heat.  Almost died in the 51% humidity.  There aren't enough helmet vents for that shit.

Also, Partzilla pricing blows away everyone else consistently.

IMG_4554.jpg