CBR1100XX.org Forum

Android *users* - Playlists

XXitanium

I want to download a jukebox app. I'd like one that will suggest new songs based on a playlist I've started kind of like Pandora.

Do any of you guys run anything like that? I drive about 10 hours a week commuting and the radio DJs are driving me bonkers, er - bonkier - more bonk... you get the drift.

Double Twist
Equalizer
Google Play Music
Jet Audio Music Player
n7
Neutron
Player Pro
PowerAMP
Rocket Player
Shuffle Plus

I use pandora and listen to pod casts constantly, probably close to 40 hrs a week. My issue with Pandora for example, I listen to Marilyn Manson or Rob Zombie channels and get some pretty weak ass crap tossed in constantly. The ads don't bother me so much, but you like one different song and the channel goes from Manson to Hanson pretty damn quick. 

Prime is another option like Carlos mentioned along with Samsung music is another. 

I have yet to use spotify, would have to check with my son on the latest greatest. 

Podcasts and audio books tossed in breaks up the music. If someone ever looked at my podcasts and audiobook list though, I would be deemed a schizophrenia homicidal manic. Its nothing but cold cases, murder mysteries, dark stories and a couple hunting podcasts like Meat Eater by Steve Rinella.

Some audio books I have listened to in the past are pretty messed up. Stephen King doesn't hold a match to some stories I have listened to, 

11 hours ago, SwampNut said:

If you have an Amazon Prime membership, you have free music with some features like that.

You mentioned Pandora...why not just use that?

I use Pandora a lot. I've been too cost conscious/cheap/[don't need another draw on finances] to go paid yet. I don't want commercials for this "thing". I've wanted to get myself some kind of virtual musix jukebox for a long time.

Now is the time.

I was idiotic enough to volunteer to put out music, unattended playlist, at my 40 year tomorrow July 5th.

I dug around last night and came up with something called "Select!" that runs on my 'droid tablet.

I took as many of my albums as I could and copied them to the tablet. The user interface for file transfer is worse than clunky.

I have an 18 hour playlist from 30 years of buying CDs now though.

The tablet is an RCA Viking cheapo from Walmart, not fast, but does a nice job on playback. I have the 808 bluetooth speaker my wife pulled out of the trash when my twenty-something was throwing away because he could't find the power cord. It doesn't take a charge, but it runs OK when it's plugged into the wall.

I warned them - it would be "eclectic". I don't have a backup plan.

Can I please highjack my own thread?

The bottom of the 808 SP901 says it requires 14V and 1A.

The charger my wife found works. It powers the speaker. It's only 7.5V and .15A That half the voltage and 1/6 the amps required.

The bastagis on Amazon don't tell their specs or they're charging 5 times as much. I can get a whole new unit like this for twice what the most expensive charging cords go for.

It looks like they have them at Wallyworld

Will it melt down after a few hours?

Undervolting things is very tough on them.  On the other hand, the spec is the full power needed to charge it quickly and play it at high volume.  But really, you're going to cut it's life down at least a little.

I haven't used Pandor in probably 3-4 years.  I just always found it on the better side of just ok, but never excited me.

• 4 months later...
  • 11 months later...