CBR1100XX.org Forum

2008 Ducati D16RR

Got this beast on trade today. It’s really something to behold. 230+hp and light as a feather. $72k new - several on Cycle Trader in the $65k range. This one is not a garage queen at 15k miles but all the service work has been done and everything works. Going up for sale at $49k - probably take $40k from one of the crew. Rare beast. 87D56B12-E940-437A-A8F9-AA39979AEF9A.thumb.jpeg.e9a9ca33b0ffc80e7f830e3028a38b39.jpeg

D8D0CD49-3201-4A00-B366-1856BD3E0AE1.thumb.png.1dc8f45dcbc4ca988f8dc93343b84913.png

That is possibly the sexiest bike ever made, the sound is intoxicating.  If memory serves correctly, Ducati sold them at a loss just to hit the required number made to be able to race as a production bike.

If I had $40k laying around I'd already be on my way to you.

On 6/16/2019 at 8:20 AM, superhawk996 said:

That is possibly the sexiest bike ever made, the sound is intoxicating.  If memory serves correctly, Ducati sold them at a loss just to hit the required number made to be able to race as a production bike.

If I had $40k laying around I'd already be on my way to you.

Intoxicating is such an understatement... 

They never raced d16rr not intended to race it, and nobody has raced it.

That was not the point of that bike.

It was the showcase of Ducati MotoGP tech at the time.

If you wanna do track day on it 16 inch rear wheel presents a problem, no decent track tire in this size, supposedly 17 rim from 999r drops right in.

Got this beast on trade today.

What do you have that you could possibly trade for this?

A first born child, a left nut or a gun collection?

True treasure.  Did you ride it ? Tell us.

On 6/21/2019 at 7:11 PM, CALCXX said:

Got this beast on trade today.

What do you have that you could possibly trade for this?

A first born child, a left nut or a gun collection?

True treasure.  Did you ride it ? Tell us.

Ok - my dealership did lol. Traded him for a new Motus MSTR. For those of you who know what that is - bow down to my salesman-superpower.

Have net ridden it. Want to but scared to hurt it. Possibly the most valuable bike to ever pass through my hands. Owner of my store heard about it and he’s buying it. 

Allowing him to take delivery without personally confirming that it's in proper condition would be an asshole move, you're a better man than that.  And describe the ride experience as well as possible for us that will probably never have the chance.

But I totally understand the reservation of taking 60ish thousand dollars for a joy ride.

On ‎7‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 10:43 AM, SwampNut said:

Used vehicle salesmen are such slackers.  Wonder if he sold the owner an extended warranty and the underbody coating too?

And GAP, PPM and paint protection.

• Like 1