CBR1100XX.org Forum

(sold) 2003 Blackbird FS great shape 21,500mi

I'd hate to admit it, but this gorgeous bike has been sitting for too long. I dont ride it anymore as its in such great shape. I've been afraid to take it out of the climate controlled garage. I start it every now and then, and just last week, put a new battery in it. It has upgraded suspension from DMr moto, for a light 140lb rider. It also has full luggage racks and a peg lowering kit. Blue lights were installed in the cluster. I still have the factory parts to the suspension (springs, mono shock) and a Honda service manual for it.  Theres no damages to the fairings, no hidden issues and is the last year they made these. I love the bike, but need to part with it, or just ride the damn thing. No lowball offers, as this is in excellent shape and has been taken care of. Another XX member in phoenix owned it before me, and I flew out and rode it back. It hasnt had a single issue during the trip, nor since then. The tires are in great shape, it purrs like a kitten, and is ready to take flight.  I Have removed the knobby plastic stickers on the side of the tank. It left NO scratches, hazing or fade in the paint of the tank. I also installed some bar risers and adjustable clutch/brake levers. Also a cruise control that works with the flick of your thumb.... wonderfully simple and effective. It has the factory original rubber strap that holds the battery in! PROOF this bike has been taken care of!

This has a clean TN title, so no BS, just pay me, we sign the SINGLE TITLE (no babysitting officials required) and you are the proud owner.  The bike is currently located just north of asheville, NC. ALL the keys work in the locks and all the side and rear bags are in good shape. Im putting this up for $5000 and am pretty solid about it. Sale includes the cover, the original suspension parts, manual, keys, title and random other bits I may have for it.  Im not exactly new around here, and a couple members have seen this bike in action. It is what it is, feel free to ask any questions you may have...   

cbrcases3.JPG

CbrBackCase.JPG

CbrCases2.JPG

CbrCasesRear.jpg

CbrCluster.jpg

CbrLR.jpg

cbrRR.jpg

CbrSideRack.JPG

CbrxRf.jpg

CbrxRhs.jpg

CbrxxFront.jpg

RearShcok.JPG

DSCN5673.JPG

blugauges2.jpg

blugauges.jpg

Edited by Hooplehead
added Info

I had a 97 XX before I moved to NC. One of my favorite bikes. It is hard to find one in Good shape locally that is priced well. I am not interested in traveling a good bit to grab a bike. I just don’t have the time now.

What if saw your one in CL or something local I would look at it.

You need to hook up with this guy.

Edited by blackhawkxx
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 5/25/2019 at 6:14 AM, Zero Knievel said:

Sad.  Are you looking at another bike to replace it?

I have a supermoto still yet. I just cant afford the loss to the pocket, should i drop the bird. The SM is so much fun and kinda beat, so I drop it all the time and love it. Too many cellphones on the interstates, so the 50mph moto is fine.

On 5/25/2019 at 8:37 AM, Furbird said:

140lb rider?  You mean on the back or the operator, because I'm pretty sure the average weight around here is double that!

132lb 6'3" rider.   I put down 140lbs because it  includes my helmet and boots. She glues to the road now..... of course the original stuff is around, for the average 'large' rider. And yes, I can pick it up... dropped my first bird a few times to prove it . Im sure DMr would have little issue, selling another set of springs, should someone want to get it set up for more ground pressure. OR, one could just toss the stock stuff back in.  Its very tempting to toss this sucker back on the road and wear it to the nub or die tryin'.

Edited by Hooplehead

• SwampNut changed the title to (sold) 2003 Blackbird FS great shape 21,500mi

Thanks to all, the bike has a new owner. Hopefully there will be many happy miles for both..  I got it from a member of the XX family, and it has been SOLD to a member of the xx family.

• Like 1