CBR1100XX.org Forum

Help with XX aftermarket cable clutch system

superhawk996

What brand/model is it and is there adjustment on that bolt/nut that moves when you actuate the lever?  I considered just tinkering, but don't wanna fuck it up.

IMG_0408.thumb.jpeg.b8b0cf3b893bd7a8c99f8042f2d33bfc.jpeg

3 hours ago, superhawk996 said:

What brand/model is it and is there adjustment on that bolt/nut that moves when you actuate the lever?  I considered just tinkering, but don't wanna fuck it up.

IMG_0408.thumb.jpeg.b8b0cf3b893bd7a8c99f8042f2d33bfc.jpeg

That's a novel modification...

I've seen photos of a same or similar one here on another bike, tho that one was black instead of polished, so I don't think it's not a one off kinda deal.

It's on Cecome's '97 I bought a couple days ago.  I think he said it was on the motor when he bought it from CBRbear, but looking back through bear's for sale stuff it doesn't appear so.  I thought it might need lube or maybe just adjustment so this morning I went for it.  The center bolt turns and does seem to be the pushrod adjustment, but tweaking it around didn't seem to help the lever feel at all, felt the same as adjusting the cable.  A couple drops of oil did seem to help.  I may return it to hydraulic, or tear into it and see if a cleaning & proper lubing makes it work better.  Mostly feels like there's too much friction in the system, and possibly some 'race' springs on the clutch making it stiffer.  The lever pull is noticeably stiffer than my '01.

A time back Cecome posted about needing a new cable for it and another member, CBRquad I think, offered to trade it for a stock system, it appeared that he knew what this was so I may try hitting him up for info.  One of the drag guys may know about it too, I'm assuming it's a race mod type thing.

Edited by superhawk996

Agreed.  I need to play with it more and see it there's enough adjustability in the mechanism to take up the slack.  I think the cable was installed that way on purpose as a work-around to the cable being too long.

5 hours ago, superhawk996 said:

Agreed.  I need to play with it more and see it there's enough adjustability in the mechanism to take up the slack.  I think the cable was installed that way on purpose as a work-around to the cable being too long.

Probably just stretched a little.  Oil might help with the "feel", along with deleting any kinks.