CBR1100XX.org Forum

Having to log in every time

John01XX

Just started to happen the last couple days with my iPhone 6S.

Everytime I open the .org app on my iPhone it requires me to log in even though i have checked to box "remember my log-in"

I am getting a new iPhone XS delivered today so it may not matter but was just wondering if this is happening to anyone else lately.
Seems fine on my PC running Windows 10 Pro with Chrome.

I got my new XS yesterday and it is doing the same thing as my 6S did.

Everytime I go to the .org in Safari it says 

"You do not have permission to view this content"

(Existing user? Sign in)

I think it is a setting that needs to be changed but haven't found where or how to save log-in info?

There is a checkbox on the login page to keep you logged in.  There's the ability to save logins to your keychain and/or iCloud account which provides credentials automatically for any site or app.  You should use both.

1 hour ago, John01XX said:

I got my new XS yesterday and it is doing the same thing as my 6S did.

Everytime I go to the .org in Safari it says 

"You do not have permission to view this content"

(Existing user? Sign in)

I think it is a setting that needs to be changed but haven't found where or how to save log-in info?

I just got an 8...and it's like a whole new world from the 6.  I asked for the XS and they told me no.  LOL

11 minutes ago, SwampNut said:

There is a checkbox on the login page to keep you logged in.  There's the ability to save logins to your keychain and/or iCloud account which provides credentials automatically for any site or app.  You should use both.

I am aware of the check box and have checked it off each time so I am assuming that I am not saving the login to my keychain and/or iCloud account.
That is what I am trying to figure out how to use.

Those are TWO different things.  The checkbox saves a cookie, so you will stay logged in.  It is a web site feature.  The keychain saves your logins so you can re-login to any site or app without manually entering the credentials.  It is a device feature.  I don't know why the checkbox isn't working; have you added any security stuff, turned off cookies, etc?  The keychain save should just be a prompt that asks if you want to save/change your password for the site.

I may have found the answer.

i went into my passwords on my iCloud account and saw the .org listed twice with the same password. I deleted one and refreshed the other and when I went to go back in it asked me to log in again but showed a little pop up with a key pictured.

tapped the key and it auto filled and let me in.

seems now it is working as it should again.

hopefully all straightened out.

I am sure it is operator error!

this new XS is amazing and looking forward to playing with the camera.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

Terms of Use