CBR1100XX.org Forum

Selling my beloved 1999 Blackbird

Hello boys and girls!  It's been quite a while since I've posted on here, and that is partly the reason that I am putting the Big Black Bird up for sale.  I have owned it since summer of 2002 and it was a one owner before that.  At the moment she has about 63k-ish miles on it and those are mostly traveling.  We used to ride with a small group that would hit 250 to 400 miles a day every weekend so it's relatively easy miles.  I'll try to list as much as I can below but I am at work and sort of in a time crunch.  I'll post some pics and try to field any questions you may have as they come.  Here goes:

- Located in Hammond, LA

- HELI bars

- Removable (not on it now) soft saddle bag frames

- BRAKING wave rotors

- DIGI digital gear indicator

- Huge expandable soft saddlebags

- Possible tank bag.  I may keep the one that is on it and replace it with a new one if sold.  Sentimental reasons....

- Tucked in license plate and smaller tail lights

- Additional tail lights inside of the tail section (to be seen better with the saddle bags on)

- LED 'Blinky lights' inside of the tail light

- Upgraded headlights (non-LED.  Just a higher wattage)

- Upgraded cam chain tensioner

- Mobil 1 synthetic oil since new.

- New clutch and Barnett springs about 1k ago.

- Tires are about 50%

- Frame plugs to match the special bolts

- Handlebar ends machined to match the special bolts

- Extra set of side panels and 'nose section'.  Slightly damaged.  I kept them to use on a track day but never did it.

I'm sure I'll remember other things but that's all I can think of right this second.  I will see if I have any recent pics to post later on.

Asking $3000 obo.

Thanks for reading this far!

Update:  HOLY SMOKES!  I can't believe I forgot to add this other stuff!  It just proves that it hasn't been at the forefront of my attention:

- Micron carbon fiber slip on exhausts

- Factory Honda center stand

- Nelson Riggs mid-weight cover

- Gold anodized adjustable levers

- Replaced the cam chain tensioner with the later model upgraded one

- 12v power port under the seat

- PC2 Power Commander.  132 rwhp on day of dyno tuning (map cd to be included)

- 'Check Engine' light is on.  Code is 'Knock sensor', which is common with this vintage of PC2.  I changed the sensor to see if it would clear but it didn't.  If you were to upgrade it to a PC3 you don't have this issue because it is a more advanced unit and accounts for whatever is tripping the code.

- All maintenance is up to date but I will still do another oil change at the time of sale.

- All maintenance records (receipts, labels, instructions etc. - Wife says I'm OCD about that stuff...)

Still at work so I can't really find any pictures of it out here.  Feel free to ask any questions and I'll answer them.

Edited by urloozn
  • Upvote 1