CBR1100XX.org Forum

Weight Watchers

DBLXX

3 minutes ago, tomek said:

Cappuccino is commonly referred as cappucio in Italy. Capisce ?

Guess your still struggling with the whole spelling thing....

A cappuccino is actually called a cappuccino in Italy, but you'll also often hear people ask for un cappuccio, pronounced 'cappucho'. It's really just the same thing! Cappuccio means 'hood' in Italian - from the hood of foam on the coffee - so a cappuccino just means a 'little hood'.

1 hour ago, DBLXX said:

I'll call bullshit on you only eating 0 point foods.

True for 3-5 days per week. Today I had double cappuccino for breakfast . Btw, I don't eat actually breakfast unless I'm on ski trip. I had 2 scrambled eggs around 9-10 am. Can of tuna around 2 pm. 

I'll have chicken breast with steamed veggies around 6 pm. Couple oranges and some grapes. And avocado.

11 minutes ago, DBLXX said:

Guess your still struggling with the whole spelling thing....

A cappuccino is actually called a cappuccino in Italy, but you'll also often hear people ask for un cappuccio, pronounced 'cappucho'. It's really just the same thing! Cappuccio means 'hood' in Italian - from the hood of foam on the coffee - so a cappuccino just means a 'little hood'.

Ever been to Italy ? I have. It seems you suffer from my golf comments.

Regardless, I'm 6'01, 190 pounds . I thought I could help you with losing weight but apparently you are interested in something else. Like correct spelling. Good luck.

11 minutes ago, DBLXX said:

Hey douche - what’s your contribution here?

I was trying make a point that idea of not counting veggies, fruits, lean chicken, etc.  is retarded. 

Anyway, good luck with your diet, spending time on spelling errors will make you lose weight even faster.

Edited by tomek
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, tomek said:

I was trying make a point that idea of not counting veggies, fruits, lean chicken, etc.  is retarded. 

Anyway, good luck with your diet, spending time on spelling errors will make you lose weight even faster.

Can I voluntarily be put on your ignore list?

Girls, girls. 

Restaurants can be terrible.  Or perfectly fine.  I can choose to go to a place with greasy, salty crap or a place with a tasty roasted veggie plate and hummus with very little oil.  My fridge has stuff I would love to eat and don't, because I don't live alone.  But he has a good point that cutting down temptations is a good thing.  See what you can eliminate, at least for now.

You place box of windmill cookies or tea biscuits right next to me I'll eat it. Like now . Can't resist it. So I simply don't buy it. Same for French or Italian bread. So I don't buy bread at all. And so on.

On 4/16/2019 at 9:01 PM, SwampNut said:

Learning to deal with temptation is a good process to go through.

Duh. It is a good process simply because dealing with temptations is just life. There are multiple ways of dealing with any specific temptation, and we are bombareded with temptations from the moment we wake until we take our dirt naps. We cannot ge5 away from temptations. Breathing, not a temptation. Pissing or not...... temptation.

Temptation equals choices, and fuck I have problems with the whole “choice v. choices”  deal. 

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice?

But seriously, one of the things I found in research is that avoiding a lot of foods eventually leads to your body not craving them.  Oddly enough, this is partly/mostly driven by your gut bacteria.  Kill off the ones begging for Oreos and they won't be able to signal your brain to send them.  This is why I did a fast and super clean diet for a long time; total reset on food expectations.  Then you can work on psychological part in peace.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/how-gut-bacteria-tell-their-hosts-what-to-eat/

Totally agree with those studies. I have not had  food from MCD, BK, etc. in years. I stop at MCD to get cappuccino or latte couple times during work week, but when I`m there I have absolutely, positively no desire to get their food even if I`m hungry.  

I just fail at cookies. 😀 

Edited by tomek

There will come  a point where your weight loss will seem to plateau, despite maintaining your diet/exercise regimen. Don't worry; that's normal. The clue will be that your strength and stamina continue to steadily enhance, notwithstanding minuscule fluctuations of a scale's needle or digital readout. Hang in there and stick to your routine. Now here's the psychological trick; stay away from the scale, ignore the temptation for routine visits, and only weigh yourself once a month. Record the results on a calendar. The weight loss will be more quantifiable once again, and you will have manifested a commendable level of self-discipline. After all, this entire self-improvement project, a beneficial lifestyle change in pursuit of the best possible health, is reliant on the most basic core value of self-discipline. Good luck! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Been a month and a half.  Still sticking to it and where are you at?  Just trying to hold you accountable!  😀

Yeah, update?

I recently learned that WW does indeed teach long-term skills on managing intake, it's not just a fad/one-time thing.  It's much better than some nay-sayers in this thread assumed it to be.