CBR1100XX.org Forum

A few Bird items (PC3, seat, etc.)

For Sale:  1.  Working PC3 for 99-00 year models, and later models w/o O2 sensor (I also have the box and accessories that came with it, including the software).  $80 tyd in lower 48.

3.  Dummy shafts for the counter-balancers.  If you want to save a little weight, and gain 1 or 2 HP, this is a way to do it.  Vibration didn't seem to increase that much, but I never rode a long way either.    You pay shipping, and they're yours.

4.  I also have a 15T Sunstar front sprocket.  Has a little bit of wear, but still plenty of life left.  Can get pic, if need be.

PC3.jpg

DummyShafts.jpg

Edited by jon haney

Wow.  I figured you guys would be fighting over the power commander.  Surely, that price isn't too high.

Remember, you can use a PC3 to improve gas mileage, as well.

Edited by jon haney

On 3/4/2019 at 1:10 PM, jon haney said:

I am that dork. With a map, is it pretty much plug-n-play?

What are the chances of a guy with more thumbs than fingers barking a perfectly good engine / wiring loom?

The power commander should be largely plug and play.  If it’s set with a “zero map,” it makes no changes to anything.  Only way to screw things up is to program in insane values.  A shop tuning your bike will start with basic adjustments and modify until they get optimal results.  If someone else has the same bike and hardware as yours, a map on theirs should work perfectly without tuning.

On 3/4/2019 at 2:10 PM, jon haney said:

Wow.  I figured you guys would be fighting over the power commander.  Surely, that price isn't too high.

It is a great price and I thought of getting it but can't find instructions on hooking it up to my 97.  😉    Someone should grab this.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 3/5/2019 at 6:58 PM, XXitanium said:

I am that dork. With a map, is it pretty much plug-n-play?

What are the chances of a guy with more thumbs than fingers barking a perfectly good engine / wiring loom?

Yes, plug and play, except that the tune it currently has is custom and likely a little rich for a stock engine.  Someone here probably already has a good tune they could email to you.

There is a male and female plug for each injector, a splice for the throttle position sensor, and a ground wire that goes to the battery.  It still has velcro on the back that will help you mount the unit under the seat.

Here is a link to more info.

http://www.powercommander.com/powercommander/products/powercommander/powercommander_iii_usb.aspx

Edited by jon haney

Verify that the part # on that PC will fit your year of bike.  I have one here I got from Cecome that's listed as working on '02 up only for US bikes.  It has a large square connector that plugs in inline with the bike's harness.  I was hoping to run it on my '01 but it appears it won't work.

Jon's with the individual connectors is probably the right one for the earlier bikes, but do confirm.  

Pretty sure the PC3 listed here will work on your '00, but verify.  The one I have, also a PC3 USB, most likely won't.  I just started the research on them and previously had no idea there was more than one PC3 model for the XX.

• Like 1

BTW

Does anyone have maps?

I have the PC3 in my 99 

In 05 or so I took mine to the local dyno shop for tuning, they said they had never had a bike with bags hooked up before.

Anyway they determined the throttle bodies needed to be synced so they couldn't do anything.

Even with that it produced 145 hp. I've done the TB since so would like to have maps.

DSCF0064_1.jpg

11 hours ago, OMG said:

BTW

Does anyone have maps?

I have the PC3 in my 99 

In 05 or so I took mine to the local dyno shop for tuning, they said they had never had a bike with bags hooked up before.

Anyway they determined the throttle bodies needed to be synced so they couldn't do anything.

Even with that it produced 145 hp. I've done the TB since so would like to have maps.

DSCF0064_1.jpg

It might be a great topic to start in the garage.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Loki said:

Well that makes any decision easy....will keep looking..

Thanks

What year is your bike?  The PC3 I have is said to be for '02 and up, but some say it'll work on earlier bikes if it has the right connector.  I think my '01 has it but I haven't verified.

Ping Zero. I have. a PC3 on my 99. Got it from him, and it came with a computer. I am reasonably sure that is what is on it.

3 hours ago, RXX said:

Ping Zero. I have. a PC3 on my 99. Got it from him, and it came with a computer. I am reasonably sure that is what is on it.

No.  You have a PC2.  It uses a serial cable, not USB.  I don't know if the PC3 (USB) worked on the '99.  PC2 had a connector that went between ECU and harness.  The one pictured here has multiple plug ins.

6 hours ago, RXX said:

I got the impression from years of reading here, the boundaries between model years were a little blurry. If you are on the edge of a model year, might it be worth investigating?

3 hours ago, XXitanium said:

I got the impression from years of reading here, the boundaries between model years were a little blurry. If you are on the edge of a model year, might it be worth investigating?

I don't believe that's true when it comes to the fuel injection.  99 and 00 are essentially the same.  My PC3 works for those years only, and modifies the signal from the ECU to the injectors.  The PC2 actually modified the signal from the sensors, to which the ECU then sent the appropriate signal to the injectors.  Since the 2001 and later has an O2 sensor (i.e. feedback), Dynojet had to go back to modifying the input sensor signals, which is why it plugs into the ECU, like the old PC2.

However, if you have a way to (electronically) delete the O2 sensor from the ECU, I don't see why my PC3 wouldn't work for the later years.

Edited by jon haney
  • Upvote 1

FWIW and to further cloud the issue, my '01 did not have an o2 sensor, I know that for a fact. I don't believe 49 state 2002's did, either. CA bikes are a different story.

• Like 2

What Red said.  My '01 is non-california and non O2/non catalyst.  Pretty sure the O2 and cats go together, the O2 is likely needed to keep the cats efficient.

• Upvote 1