CBR1100XX.org Forum

Brake pad info needed

Steve Smith

On 2/7/2019 at 11:21 AM, superhawk996 said:

How do you manage to pass on bad info so often?  EBC HH is the go-to track day pad, not just said by riders, that's what EBC says.  

I don`t wanna start another shit war here but you are simply wrong. HH is performance street pad. It might work for someone who is mid intermediate or below track rider, but if you are fast guy forgetaboutit. You`ll either overheat or glaze your rotors, or both. Race EBC pad is EPFA or GPFA. 

I`ve tried them all, trust me. And that`s what EBC web page says anyway. 

Personally I`m not a fun of EBC  race pads. Prefer Carbone Lorraine or Versah pads.

Speaking of versah. They do make street sintered pads for XX. JL is street pad. RJL whatever is their race pad. Versah is OEM supplier for some brands.

https://www.ebay.com/b/Vesrah-Sintered-Brake-Pads-for-Honda-CBR1100XX/177925/bn_33516130

Edited by tomek

I`m pretty sure your bro can respond on his own. Like I said, I don`t wanna pollute this thread. I wanted to provide true information on this subject. EBC HH is not their race pad. 

That is all.

You apparently don't realize that EPFA is an HH pad despite the info being right there in the link you provided, I don't understand your continued ignorance/misplaced arrogance.  Or maybe you're just suffering from CDS (Cuban derangement syndrome).  Either way, I'm done with you on this topic.

Pretty sure the GPFAX is also an HH pad, but it doesn't really matter since that's a non DOT race only pad and we're talking about brakes for street bikes, not GP race bikes.

Edited by superhawk996

12 hours ago, tomek said:

I`m pretty sure your bro can respond on his own. Like I said, I don`t wanna pollute this thread. I wanted to provide true information on this subject. EBC HH is not their race pad. 

That is all.

I never said that the HH is a race pad you fucking fucktard, again you're reading your thoughts into my words.

And you apparently don't realize that EPFA is an HH pad despite the info being right there in the link you provided, I don't understand your continued ignorance/misplaced arrogance.  Or maybe you're just suffering from CDS (Cuban derangement syndrome).  Either way, I'm done with you on this topic.

Pretty sure the GPFAX is also an HH pad, but it doesn't really matter since that's a non DOT race only pad and we're talking about brakes for street bikes, not GP race bikes.  And because you're a fucktard.  You're a dick and I'm done being nice to you, go fuck yourself, or your mom, or whatever makes you feel better about yourself.  And fuck you.

4 hours ago, superhawk996 said:

I never said that the HH is a race pad you fucking fucktard, again you're reading your thoughts into my words.

You might be suffering from memory loss, or someone hacked into your account, because you have posted this:

"How do you manage to pass on bad info so often?  EBC HH is the go-to track day pad, not just said by riders, that's what EBC says"

HH is trade marked name for the line of EBC street pads. 

BTW, are you related to Castro ? I`m asking because just like you he was born knowing everything, and have never, ever admitted on being wrong on anything.   

EBC Yamaha YZF-R1 15-18 Double-H Sintered Metal Front Brake PadsEBC Yamaha YZF-R1 15-18 GPFAX Road Race Front Brake Pads

YEA, it's Steve's fault!  Thanks Poida!!!

I shoulda just backed away from Tomek and didn't, sorry.  On the upside, there's been lots of brake pad talk so Steve's answer should be addressed.

1 hour ago, SwampNut said:

I just put EBC pads and no-name DOT 4 fluid in the Chinese adventure bike.  So basically, I'm gonna die, right?

As long as it was synthetic fluid you'll be fine.

Can I use Girling Brake Fluid ,  and hth chlorine instead of Dot 4 and HH pads?  🧐🧐🧐?

For those too young, that combination causes fire, and a release of Chlorine gas.

isnt it time to discuss linked brakes again?

On 2/10/2019 at 9:10 AM, superhawk996 said:

It's funny what lengths he'll go to to show that he's wrong.  But he does know how to destroy a motor, I haven't pulled that one off, so I'll give him that.

You post some stupid, wrong and  random shit without giving it second thought, and when someone tries to correct you start to defend it. 

I did fuck up motor or two, I'm not afraid to show it to everyone.

You on the other hand have very low self-esteem, it seems.

8 hours ago, tomek said:

You post some stupid, wrong and  random shit without giving it second thought, and when someone tries to correct you start to defend it. 

I did fuck up motor or two, I'm not afraid to show it to everyone.

You on the other hand have very low self-esteem, it seems.

It's the by product of his mom fucking and blowing every erect cock in Cuba.  Only way to get "a head" in a communist island shit hole....

Does a number on mom's little darlings though.....