CBR1100XX.org Forum

Who makes something like this?

Zero Knievel

The state inspection sticker on motorcycles isn't small.  Rather than stick it directly on the fork tube, is there a strong, piece of metal one can clamp or layer over the fork tube to apply the decal to which is more "disposable" so if you muck it up applying/removing annual decals, you aren't scarring up the fork tube itself?

A curved inspection sticker mount?

VA just says it needs to be on the left side.  There's the second question of how many viable mounting points exist.  There is a flat plate that'll work with the size of the decal.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GBMKV9W/?coliid=I2K6QV6U5W56KN&colid=OTZUWSV92XIY&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

0.049 thick.  Maybe it will bend easily if it doesn't mount well to any one bolt.

We don't do annual inspections here in Alabama, but since I do rebuilt inspections, I can speak on that decal.  Those decals must be affixed to a permanent structure of the vehicle in close proximity to the Federal Inspection Sticker.  The reason why is so that it cannot be moved to another vehicle.  Your state may have similar wording in regards to annual labels which is why they attach it the way they do.

10 hours ago, Zero Knievel said:

VA just says it needs to be on the left side.  There's the second question of how many viable mounting points exist.  There is a flat plate that'll work with the size of the decal.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GBMKV9W/?coliid=I2K6QV6U5W56KN&colid=OTZUWSV92XIY&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

0.049 thick.  Maybe it will bend easily if it doesn't mount well to any one bolt.

Bend if it gets hit?  Probably.  Bend for no good reason?  No.  Just put it on wherever the law requires and stop overthinking it.  It's a fucking sticker, it ain't rocket surgery.

Back of license plate. After destroying a couple stickers on the fork tube due to fork rebuilds I put them back there. 

The one and only time an officer stood there looking as I was getting my license from my tank bag I kindly said "back side of plate", he gave a quick glance and all was well again.

5 hours ago, superhawk996 said:

Good for you!

'Till you get busted.  What's the penalty?

I don't know what it is these days but in the past it wasn't much, 50 - $100.  I have had 2 to 3 bikes most of my adult life so if you add up the cost of inspection each year for all of those years, I am way ahead.  The last time that I got pulled over (at double over), the local cop didn't notice.  We got talking about bikes and he sent me on my way with a "slow down" which I can live with. 😊