CBR1100XX.org Forum

1993 F150 spark plug wire set

WR-4017C for 302 V8

Don't know why I have 2 sets. $20. I will pay for shipping. Proceeds to the human fund.

20181224_175322.jpg

Edited by RXX

21 hours ago, superhawk996 said:

I'll take a set!

I'll PM you my info.

I have been putting off changing plugs, wires, and rotor cap. Have a feeling that after 25 years and 114K miles I shouldn’t put it off any longer and it will not get any easier. Probably bought parts twice and just forgot.

Will try to get it out the next few days.

I ca't imagine the factory plugs went 114k.  If they did; holy shit!  Being that you bought Motorcraft wires you probably aren't gonna cheap out on other stuff and you can't go wrong with OE Motorcraft plugs.  There's a good chance that there's something to gain by using iridiums, but I've never tried them in that motor so I don't know.  The few I've tinkered with respond well to advancing the timing over spec, I've done 4 degrees over on a few with no ill effects, the MPG and power both rise.  Since it's a tweak you'll wanna listen for detonation just in case, but I haven't had any do it.  If you have emissions testing you'll probably have to drop it back to within 2 degrees of spec to pass the visual inspection, if your state does that.

I’ve had the truck since ‘96 and no, the plugs haven’t been changed. I put 1 set of tires on it during that big Ford tire recall. A/C hasn’t worked in 20 years, both window regulators are shot, and no windshield wipers. It is used as a trash hauler mainly. Long bed free trucks are not cheap to come by, so I owe it to her to tune her up.

The wires will probably be pretty stuck to the plugs, but since you're replacing both it won't matter what it takes to get them off.  Blast around the plugs with compressed air before pulling them out, there's bound to be a fair bit of junk around them.