CBR1100XX.org Forum

1995 CB750 Nighthawk. $800. 21k miles. Red.

Got it from a friend who's moving soon.  It's been sitting for several years and will need tires, battery, and a hearty scrubbing/polishing.  I cleaned out the gas tank & soaked the carbs in cleaner and she runs.  If it doesn't go on a 'buddy deal' I'll pretty it up and put it on CL.

It looks EXACTLY like that, somewhere under the layers of grunge.  A few hours in Dave's garage and it might be almost that sparkly.

From memory the battery is a 2004-ish Walmart Everstart, neverstart according to some around here.  A few days of reconditioning and the fuckng thing actually starts the bike.  It didn't come back to anywhere near full power, but still impressive.

Last time I worked on it was '04ish.  It got a new battery, oil change, spark plugs, and whatever other services I thought were appropriate.  He rode it a little, parked it for the winter, the battery died and he just let it sit till now.  It spent a couple years outside semi-covered then went indoors 'till a few days ago.

It's a cool basic bike with enough power that looks & sounds good enough to wanna keep it.  The front brake is surprisingly strong for a smallish single disc.  I find the riding position of any 'normal' bike to be somewhat uncomfortable which reduces the temptation to keep it, and I'm glad because I really don't need another fucking vehicle around here.