CBR1100XX.org Forum

Apple Watch Series 3 Nike Edition ($199.99???)

Maybe you should describe what the Nike edition means.  I don't know myself.  I think it's just the band, which is hideous, and if there are no other penalties then people may be more likely to buy if they know a $12 band can fix that.

I already have a 3, but you should buy a 4 and then get bored of it and sell it...

LOL, I'm in.

So yeah, for anyone who doesn't know, you can swap bands on these in 15 seconds by pressing a button, and really nice bands are on Amazon for $10-20.  I've been using a soft fabric clone of the loop for a couple years, ultra comfortable.  $12.

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, SwampNut said:

I'm sort of lusting for a Series 4, and cannot in any way justify it as a rational expense.

It's so much better.

On another note - my wife put her iPhone 7 in the washing machine.  It was about 20 minutes before she realized it.  It was completely immersed....

The phone fired right up with ZERO issues.  After doing a little research....I found out it's pretty waterproof for 30 minutes.

WOW !

3 feet for 30 minutes.  Longer in shallow water, less in deeper water.  All water resistance is about pressure over time.

I'm going to Sam's anyway right now, I'm not sure if I hope they DO have a killer Watch deal, or do NOT. 

6 hours ago, DBLXX said:

It's so much better.

On another note - my wife put her iPhone 7 in the washing machine.  It was about 20 minutes before she realized it.  It was completely immersed....

The phone fired right up with ZERO issues.  After doing a little research....I found out it's pretty waterproof for 30 minutes.

WOW !

I washed my Nextel a few times, never thunk to use the washing machine.  Smart.

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 12:57 PM, SwampNut said:

I'm sort of lusting for a Series 4, and cannot in any way justify it as a rational expense.

I just got one after Apple quoted my $280 to replace the screen/glass in my series 2 - and the guy like UBreakIfix said they wouldn't touch it. Definitely a nicer / faster screen.

3 hours ago, SwampNut said:

Asshole.  I had just put it out of my mind after not being able to find any smoking deals on it.

I haven't ever seen a deal on current model Apple stuff. So far - I'm glad I did it rather than fix the old one. Slightly larger screen is surprisingly more useful.