CBR1100XX.org Forum

GM Quadrasteer

rockmeupto125

My curiousity has been piqued, and I've been looking at the Quadrasteer four wheel steering option that was available for a few years on the GM pickups (Sierra and Silverado).

I've received good advice to just walk away simply because of the potential expense of an esoteric and long out of production item.

But I'm curious if anyone here has had direct experience with the Quadrasteer option.   The only thing I've picked up about them is from online forums, and those that have them seem to have a generally positive attitude of "I'll fix that pickup until it can't be fixed no more" because the option is no longer available. 

So again, anyone with direct experience with this system that can comment on it?

Thanks!

My old parts manager drove all the way to Texas to get one and he let me drive it once.  Easiest extended cab pickup to park I've ever been in.  It was like driving something half it's length.  He bought it because he used to tow a lot and he and the entire planet will tell you that once you back up a trailer with one you're ruined for life.  You can still get the parts for the rearend steering, but some of it can be pricey.  I have not heard of a lot of failures with it, and my old boss still has his and has had zero failures with the rear steering.  They also made a Suburban with this option, and that is supposedly extremely hard to find.