CBR1100XX.org Forum

WTB: Orphan 8mm Video Equipment

A kindly forum member sent me a box with an 8mm camcorder and sundry many years ago. 

Unfortunately, that box went through the wash a few years back.

So, does anyone have any 8mm players or camcorders they've completely lost interest in?  I don't need a camera, I only need playback and output to transfer old tapes to digital media, so a player or a camcorder will work.

Respond here or PM me with what you have and what you need for it.

Thanks!

I didn't wanna get off my ass to check, but then felt compelled.  I thought it was 8mm, it's VHS-C.  I remember some talk about them being cross compatible but don't know.  Anyway, it's a handheld JVC VHS-C camcorder, if it'll do the job it's yours.

6 hours ago, superhawk996 said:

I didn't wanna get off my ass to check, but then felt compelled.  I thought it was 8mm, it's VHS-C.  I remember some talk about them being cross compatible but don't know.  Anyway, it's a handheld JVC VHS-C camcorder, if it'll do the job it's yours.

FYI, call the mass communications department of local colleges and universities.  They tend to mothball old tech rather than throw it away.  If you need a piece of outdated tech, they might have it lying around and can arrange giving you access to work on a project.

1 hour ago, rockmeupto125 said:

They are not compatible, and there are no adapters between the formats.  You may remember that VHS-C can be placed in a VHS sized adapter and played on a "regular" VCR.

That would do the job, John.  Are you demonstrating, or offering that up for consideration?

if you can use it the cost is the shipping and transfer of whatever if anything that is on the two tapes for me and then send it on to others that can use it.  It comes in a nice Case Logic padded bag and all the cables/adapters.

No charge for the thick layer of dust on the bag.

Edited by John01XX
  • Upvote 1

I just plugged it in and looked to see what is on the two tapes that I have.
Discovered it is videos of my classes when I was teaching my customer service reps the technical side of car wash parts and equipment at Sonny's Enterprises. 10-12 years ago. Funny as I am now creating car wash parts content for the website of the largest distributor of Sonny's today. I would like to have the two videos on disc for future review.

Bill,

If you want to go first, email or text me your mailing address and I will get it heading your way.