CBR1100XX.org Forum

Chain cleaning brushes

SwampNut

On 10/29/2018 at 11:26 PM, XXBirdSlapper said:

WD-40 destroys chains, firearms, and high end fishing reels.

It's made and promoted by manufacturers of chains, firearms, and fishing reels...

Lol.

On 10/29/2018 at 9:26 PM, XXBirdSlapper said:

WD-40 destroys chains, firearms, and high end fishing reels.

It's made and promoted by manufacturers of chains, firearms, and fishing reels...

Your mom told me that several medical journals say it makes great sex lube.  Apparently the stuff is also promoted by cosmetic surgeons cuz I now need an addadicktome and yo mamma's sphincter looks & smells like a burnt tire.

On 10/31/2018 at 8:38 PM, SwampNut said:

I think I kicked the spring on a previous stop, because the center stand and side stand are too close/interfere.  I'm going to weld a foot lever onto the side stand.

Good idea and easy fix. I changed footpegs on my XX and the side stand was right against the peg. This led to my textile pants cuff hooking the side stand several times coming to a stop light. Almost fell over once and always killed the engine. 

I rarely clean my chains but the last few times I have used this stuff and it works really well.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/DuPont-Chain-and-Sprocket-Degreaser-11-oz/16672660

I also use the dupont chain wax since its easy to find (walmart) cheap and you can get small cans for trips.

I have one of those standard 3 sided chain brushes. I just spray the degreaser on and give in a few mins. Then scrub and wipe off the chain with shop towels.

15 hours ago, superhawk996 said:

Your mom told me that several medical journals say it makes great sex lube.  Apparently the stuff is also promoted by cosmetic surgeons cuz I now need an addadicktome and yo mamma's sphincter looks & smells like a burnt tire.

You all up in that shit yo?? You luvs you some stanky senior citizen shit on your tool....word to you, Colostomy Pirate.