CBR1100XX.org Forum

Could (not) get on this morning

blackhawkxx

1 hour ago, blackhawkxx said:

This morning when I tried to get on here it said that the site was unavailable do to site migration.  Just letting management know.  The withdraw was powerful.

Ya, how inconsiderate of Carlos to work his magic on our time, 3-4 AM would be perfect. Lets vote.

2 hours ago, CBR-RR-XX-CESS said:

Ya, how inconsiderate of Carlos to work his magic on our time, 3-4 AM would be perfect. Lets vote.

It was meant as information, not a complaint.  I have no clue what he does to keep the wheels turning.  Thank you Carlos for what you do.

It was meant as information, not a complaint.

Yeah, no problem, I got that.  Normally I post about it ahead of time, this time I realized I still had the post open and failed to click "submit."  Back to internet 101 class for me.

23 hours ago, blackhawkxx said:

23 hours ago, blackhawkxx said:

It was meant as information, not a complaint.  I have no clue what he does to keep the wheels turning.  Thank you Carlos for what you do.

It was a joke towards Carlos that he could get up at 3-4, not directed at you.  

Just an FYI, three times today I got an error message that the site IP can not be found but I instantly hit refresh and it came right back.

This happened while on the site and clicking from the Pub to the Garage  or the like. 
I have never had this happen before and a refresh takes me right to where I wanted to go.

Not a big deal and may be something on my end.

2 hours ago, Zero Knievel said:

Was the board down most of today?  I couldn’t get it at work or on my phone.

Note the post times, most people had no issue.  A specific error message would be most helpful in tracking this down.

On 10/29/2018 at 10:03 PM, John01XX said:

Just an FYI, three times today I got an error message that the site IP can not be found but I instantly hit refresh and it came right back.

This happened while on the site and clicking from the Pub to the Garage  or the like. 
I have never had this happen before and a refresh takes me right to where I wanted to go.

Not a big deal and may be something on my end.

That’s just your phone telling you to get a life. 

Those of you that have had the missing dns lookup error (e.g. www.cbr1100xx.org cannot be found with "NXDOMAIN" or "NAME_NOT_RESOLVED"), *please* open a command prompt but clicking on start -> run or hitting the windows key and R, and typing "cmd" in the box (no quotes) and type "nslookup www.cbr1100xx.org" at the prompt, then copy and paste the results here.

Something happened the other day when the site was migrated and it looks like in the middle of said migration, there was a cached lookup that got a "doesn't exist" result and got stuck somewhere.  I've been trying to track it down for a couple days but haven't had much luck pinning down where exactly it got stuck.

Thanks

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

Terms of Use