CBR1100XX.org Forum

They're supposedly from Delkevic but don't look like their current offering so I don't know who made them, but they're fucking incredible!  Cecome bought them as part of an engine package he bought from another member who parted out a really spectacular Bird, I think his name is Whitebear or something like that, don't see him around any more.  I talked Cecome into a stock header I had, he's a sucker, and I stole this one.  He's all in love with his new bike and dreaming about his cross country trip and won't even see this so I ain't worried.  I've done back to back rides with full stock, stock header and slip-ons, and full systems and I guarantee you the performance of these are nothing like you could ever imagine!!!  My assometer isn't ASE certified, butt it is finely calibrated; drumroll........17.489HP!!!!!!  No, your eyes aren't deceiving you.  100% bolt on fitment, installed on a nearly bone stock bike, and they gave a solid and repeatable 18.312 HP loss!!!!!!!!  I don't know how they managed to pull that off and haven't seen any BB header that looks anything like it, but here they are available only to the .org!!!!  These would be perfect for anyone who's said "I like that bike, but it's just too fast".  Or maybe your 10 year old daughter has expressed an interest in riding but you think your Bird is a little too powerful to be used as a training bike.  Have no fear, these will calm that angry beast right the fuck down!

Now I know what you're thinking, I gotta fuckin have these but can I afford them?!?  Well, smart me would put them on ebay with at least a $1000 reserve, but I've had a couple drinks so you're in luck my friend.  You pay the shipping and maybe enough for a 6er of PBR or a liter of Black Booster whiskey (a true bother would offer both, just sayin) and they're yours!  I'd go fully free, but I gotta rig up a box, and the worst part is I'll have to touch this abomination of steel again.  The only use I see for them is someone wanting to use them for parts to make a custom header.  From memory, the headpipes are just a hair bigger diameter than stock and should be decent for something custom.  The collector is where the magic happens, it's probably pure scrap metal but might be useful for parts.  It appears to be SS and has a little bit of shine to it.  The head pipes are slip fit to the collector so the shipping box should be smaller and cheaper than a stocker.  I was super tempted to put them on ebay without disclosure, anyone would pay decent money for them cuz they look cool, but it would be a total dick move.  I also have a stock header that I cut at the collector before getting these, that's also available.  I was thinking I'd do something custom but there's always too many other more important things to do so it's time to part ways.  I can take pics if anyone's truly interested.  They'll probably just sit in a corner for another decade or until I decide it's time to get the fuck out of here and take them to the recycling yard.

6 hours ago, XXitanium said:

Price?

8 hours ago, superhawk996 said:

You pay the shipping and maybe enough for a 6er of PBR or a liter of Black Booster whiskey (a true bother would offer both, just sayin) and they're yours!

Super, take a photo and post so we know what not to do to a header.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, superhawk996 said:

They're supposedly from Delkevic but don't look like their current offering so I don't know who made them, but they're fucking incredible!  Cecome bought them as part of an engine package he bought from another member who parted out a really spectacular Bird, I think his name is Whitebear or something like that, don't see him around any more.  I talked Cecome into a stock header I had, he's a sucker, and I stole this one.  He's all in love with his new bike and dreaming about his cross country trip and won't even see this so I ain't worried.  I've done back to back rides with full stock, stock header and slip-ons, and full systems and I guarantee you the performance of these are nothing like you could ever imagine!!!  My assometer isn't ASE certified, butt it is finely calibrated; drumroll........17.489HP!!!!!!  No, your eyes aren't deceiving you.  100% bolt on fitment, installed on a nearly bone stock bike, and they gave a solid and repeatable 18.312 HP loss!!!!!!!!  I don't know how they managed to pull that off and haven't seen any BB header that looks anything like it, but here they are available only to the .org!!!!  These would be perfect for anyone who's said "I like that bike, but it's just too fast".  Or maybe your 10 year old daughter has expressed an interest in riding but you think your Bird is a little too powerful to be used as a training bike.  Have no fear, these will calm that angry beast right the fuck down!

Now I know what you're thinking, I gotta fuckin have these but can I afford them?!?  Well, smart me would put them on ebay with at least a $1000 reserve, but I've had a couple drinks so you're in luck my friend.  You pay the shipping and maybe enough for a 6er of PBR or a liter of Black Booster whiskey (a true bother would offer both, just sayin) and they're yours!  I'd go fully free, but I gotta rig up a box, and the worst part is I'll have to touch this abomination of steel again.  The only use I see for them is someone wanting to use them for parts to make a custom header.  From memory, the headpipes are just a hair bigger diameter than stock and should be decent for something custom.  The collector is where the magic happens, it's probably pure scrap metal but might be useful for parts.  It appears to be SS and has a little bit of shine to it.  The head pipes are slip fit to the collector so the shipping box should be smaller and cheaper than a stocker.  I was super tempted to put them on ebay without disclosure, anyone would pay decent money for them cuz they look cool, but it would be a total dick move.  I also have a stock header that I cut at the collector before getting these, that's also available.  I was thinking I'd do something custom but there's always too many other more important things to do so it's time to part ways.  I can take pics if anyone's truly interested.  They'll probably just sit in a corner for another decade or until I decide it's time to get the fuck out of here and take them to the recycling yard.

Good times man!!! They were worth all the headache just to see this post.

post a pic of these damn things

curious to see what they are so restrictive to flowing out HP. 

I talked to a local shop near few years ago about doing some exhaust work, guy hand builds exhausts for bikes and cars. would love to keep dual pipes 

never did get them done as my riding lately has been limited. 

The headpipes are the same diameter as stock, bout 1.5" OD, but I see some improvements over stock.   The bends are a little better, and the welds holding the part that the flanges push on to hold them to the head are much cleaner than stock.  The welds on the stocker are fairly thick beads in the path of airflow.  The flanges are much thicker than stock and aren't bent, tho that doesn't seem to be a true problem with the stockers other than looking wrong.  That's where the good ends.  The collector is stupid.  For starters I think it's too short so the merge is pretty abrupt, and the tubes are farther apart than they need to be making it even shittier than it needed to be.  There's an attempt to smooth the flow between the exits of the pipes, metal plate kinda filling in the gaps, but poorly done.  Then there's a flat plate in the collector that splits it in half emulating a 4-2-1 like a stocker.  It might help, might hurt, might do nothing notable.  The cylinder paring is carbie style; 1&2 and 3&4; "pairing" used loosly because they're not truly paired, but sorta.  Where I think they went wrong again is the single pipe out of the collector, it looks way too small.  A larger diameter pipe would probably un-fuck it some, but I doubt it would make it any better than a stocker.  A complete re-do of the collector is what it would really need.

When Anthony (Cecome) brought me his bike to try to figure out why it was weak the header caught my eye right away as being a problem.  He had serious doubts, but putting a stocker on cured it's woes confirming that this thing just doesn't work.  CBRbear didn't know he had a cork in his bike's exhaust.  Would be interesting to hit him up an see if he remembers what brand it is.  Might even be a one-off custom, or maybe someone's prototype and they didn't put it in the trash as they shoulda.  Would be real sad if he paid someone good money to make this thing.

Some other interesting header observations: It's fairly common knowledge that the cylinder paring between carbed and EFI is different.  I'd read that the carb version is steel and EFI is SS which is mostly true.  Interestingly, the carb is steel up to the final part where it splits toward the mufflers, that section is SS.  Maybe they did that because that part's more visible and a rusty pipe would be ugly.  Also, with the EFI paring the #4 pipe is quite a bit shorter than the others.  The steel headpipes on the carbie have a seam on the inside that might mess with flow a bit, the EFI are smooth.

IMG_0072 2.jpg

IMG_0073.jpg

IMG_0075.jpg

Yep, huge damn bottle neck shoving and squeezing all the hot exhaust gas into a small opening. 

Interesting find on someones bike. Cbrbear has some very nice items on his XX. Curious where it came from. 

Toss it on ebay and see if someone wants them to fix or make work less sucky