CBR1100XX.org Forum

Aluminum chain guard wanted

Just found out that the UK company "Jaws" no longer has those nice alum. chain guards available. So, if anyone has a nice alum. aftermarket chain guard for sale please let  me know.

Steve

2 hours ago, Steve Smith said:

Just found out that the UK company "Jaws" no longer has those nice alum. chain guards available. So, if anyone has a nice alum. aftermarket chain guard for sale please let  me know.

Steve

Take a look at this link to Jaws-Motorcycles.co.uk
They offer the PowerBronze hugger with guard built-in, in both plastic and real carbon fiber (I have the carbon fiber hugger).
They also do sell a metal chain guard that is black chrome and looks good if you do not have a hugger.

LINK:  http://www.hondablackbird.co.uk/bird4.htm#hug

3 hours ago, John01XX said:

Take a look at this link to Jaws-Motorcycles.co.uk
They offer the PowerBronze hugger with guard built-in, in both plastic and real carbon fiber (I have the carbon fiber hugger).
They also do sell a metal chain guard that is black chrome and looks good if you do not have a hugger.

LINK:  http://www.hondablackbird.co.uk/bird4.htm#hug

I've been in email communication quite a few times today with Jaws over in England.  I was informed they are in the process of starting a new/improved web site with up to date items and prices. They informed me the metal ( alum.) chain guard is no longer produced by either of their suppliers. The black chrome one shown, is the same design as the one I had on my custom '03 model except that one also had 'CBR 1100XX Super Blackbird' laser cut into it. It was a SWEET and unique guard that I'm very bummed about not being able to purchase for my current XX project.

There was even a company called 'Laser Guard' back about 12 years ago that made a variety of alum. guards with different bikes names cut into them. I searched and it would seem they no longer exist. DAMN!

As a member of the UK XX site B.I.R.D., I'm going to ask members over across the big pond if anyone has a used one for sale . I'll even check into contacting "breakers" (used parts places) about any possible ones out there.

Don't care for huggers so........I'll post any info I come across.

Steve

If I can be of any help, let me know.
John, Jaws, sold the business over a year ago and the new owners are struggling to maintain what John built.
I speak with and email back in forth with him monthly but he and his wife Maureen are traveling most of the time now that he has retired.

I still sell him CCT's and Vista Cruises for the online store. He still supplies me with the Push-pins and a few misc items.
I am facebook friends with about 10 BIRD members and can message them to be on the lookout for a laser cut metal chain guard.

Edited since I saw where you got a reply from John on the BIRD forum.
Pyramid Plastics made the metal guards.

Edited by John01XX

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 5:46 AM, John01XX said:

Pyramid Plastics made the metal guards.

I contacted Pyramid Plastics about this matter and they responded saying they did not make the alum. chain guards. They said PUIG made them.

Regardless of who made them, I've pretty much struck out getting one. Guess I'll modify the stock plastic one. I have a few ideas about that.

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 10:29 PM, XXitanium said:

Just ordered it! WOOHOO! THANKS for the link!

• Upvote 1