CBR1100XX.org Forum

Brake pad issue

CBRXX

I bought a set of EBC FA261 pads, same as I used last time, and they seem too thick. 

Got the rear ones on, but they were tight causing the wheel to be hard to turn.  The fronts I could not even get on, they were way too thick.  Yes, I had the pistons all the way in, the back of the pads were touching the caliper.

Anyone else ever have the issue?  Thinking to just order some OEM pads.

Edited by CBRXX

Is it possible that the pads are mislabeled (in the wrong box)? would the source who sold them to you. exchange with   you?

If you are stuck with these pads you can" sand screen" them down with a flat surface ( I use window Glass) this also eliminates  having to "brake in " the new pads 

this is an old trick we did prepping for track days, you do loose a little surface material. but the first time you clamp down on them ......you will be glad you did. 

I remember years ago someone else having this problem but I really can't remember the fix.  It has been a long time since I put mine on but is there a anti squeal plate or something that you can remove to give you more room?

Mislabeled or a manufacturing screwup seem like the only possibilities.

If you can't send them back and are stuck with them I'd be interested in playing with them so please don't toss them out, if you'd be willing to ship them.

OK, figured it out.    Went back to look at my order.  I ordered the wrong pads.    

The bird takes a FA261HH and I ordered a FA261/2HH.   They are same shape/fit but are just over 2mm (each) thicker according to the specs on EBC site.    

When I looked back at my amazon order, I saw mention of this fact in the comments, where the guys rear on a VTX could use them. 

I think they can work in a Goldwing too according to another comment.       I bought them over a year ago, so I think stuck with them, was $96 for the 3 pair.

https://ebcbrakesdirect.com/motorcycle/partno/fa261hh

https://ebcbrakesdirect.com/motorcycle/partno/fa261/2hh

Superhawk, you can have if you want, but they def wont work on a bird.    If you dont want, anyone with a wing or other that can use?    Will ship free if anyone can use.

Got 1 pair still new in package, the other is opened .  The 3rd was used slightly in the rear while running on the centerstand.