CBR1100XX.org Forum

2003 CBR1100XX For Sale

Here is a link to my XX.  $3750 was a starting point to feed the tire kickers.  $3K for a forum member. Have a Yosh Carbon can in the attic which can replace the polished aluminum. Also have tons of extras not listed, which could go with it for a local sale.  Not interested in parting it out yet, (i.e. returning to stock) and selling parts and having to ship stuff.  Also really no desire to sell it, just listed it to placate the wife as I just bought a Rubicon.  Sold my Concours, Cherokee, and Suburban I think I've done my part. Thanks for not looking at my half ass Craig's List ad. 😛

https://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/mcy/d/2003-honda-cbr1100xx-super/6639218989.html

You should have posted it here only and you could have told her that you have it up for sale, wink, wink.  It sure looks good and I'm glad that I don't have any room in my garage.  You know that you really should keep it, right?

Thanks. I had it up on CL for $4K, and received a trade offer for KTM990, but the guy wanted me to give him $4-5K on top, and sounded kind of nuts. She checked the ad and suggested I lower the price to $3750. 

6 minutes ago, superhawk996 said:

White is a retarded color for a blackbird, nobody in their right mind is gonna buy that garbage.

I actually think it looks sharp and clean....

I thought I was giving it away too early with the photo, and funny that one of the few members who's been here and seen it was the first to chime in.

Mine is a custom white as well, prior owner was a painter at a body shop, it has blue glass in the white in it that really pops in the sunlight. Graphics have a carbon fiber weave in them, which is almost impossible to capture with my poor photography skills.

• Upvote 1

I'd love to see that in person. 

Oscar's has that luster, like the paint is so deep.

Mine was VFR pearl white before the mud, tar, road scrapes, heel scrapes, tipping over in the garage cracks, ankle deep in gravel horizontal scratches, and falling off the lift table cosmetic upgrade.  Cripes, is my name Philip?

Mine's "Lamborghini Balloon White".  From my understanding it's a multi layer job with metallic white with a pearl clear, and I think it starts with a silver base.  Tho I like white vehicles, white's usually nothing to get excited about.  The moment I saw a Lambo in that color I thought 'that is the best white in the world'.  When the bike came up for sale I jumped.  Unfortunately it wasn't done right and it has many flaws, but it's a good 10 footer.

I can't tell that Tim's is anything but 'normal' white with standard graphics.  Taking the pics in sunlight might bring them out.  A close-up of the paint/graphics and noting them in the ad might do it wonders.

Edited by superhawk996

I have some joker claiming her wants to come buy it tomorrow. I doubt he shows. CL flakes. I track CL regularly, okay daily. My old 2001 XX sold earlier this year for $5500, new owner is now willing to take $2800, but needs a beating for the horrible stickers!

https://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/mcy/d/2001-cbr/6640313817.html

On 7/11/2018 at 12:54 AM, TOXXIC said:

Mine is a custom white as well, prior owner was a painter at a body shop, it has blue glass in the white in it that really pops in the sunlight. Graphics have a carbon fiber weave in them, which is almost impossible to capture with my poor photography skills.

Where is gthe calendar picture withe sunset banking off it it -pure art.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, XXitanium said:

Where is gthe calendar picture withe sunset banking off it it -pure art.

I may need Chris Appel to go for a ride with me and take some pics, he has some photography skills.🙂

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/10/2018 at 11:17 AM, TOXXIC said:

Here is a link to my XX.  $3750 was a starting point to feed the tire kickers.  $3K for a forum member. Have a Yosh Carbon can in the attic which can replace the polished aluminum. Also have tons of extras not listed, which could go with it for a local sale.  Not interested in parting it out yet, (i.e. returning to stock) and selling parts and having to ship stuff.  Also really no desire to sell it, just listed it to placate the wife as I just bought a Rubicon.  Sold my Concours, Cherokee, and Suburban I think I've done my part. Thanks for not looking at my half ass Craig's List ad. 😛

https://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/mcy/d/2003-honda-cbr1100xx-super/6639218989.html

Sold to an asshole.

2 hours ago, blackhawkxx said:

Another Bird owner bites the dust.

I will be back. It was my 4th Bird. I intentionally pulled off my custom clutch and break reservoirs for my next bird!

• Like 1

On 7/11/2018 at 12:54 AM, TOXXIC said:

Wish I'd of seen this sooner.

1 hour ago, rickrad said:

Wish I'd of seen this sooner.

Me too Rick! Hope you are staying cool and avoiding getting in cars reading 129 Degrees!