CBR1100XX.org Forum

1998 Cherokee XJ SOLD

Is it as clean as it appears on the pics? 

Can't find one of those here in Michigan that isn't covered in rust and heavily listing due to busted suspension..... And don't get me started on the interior

Anyway, nice clean ride

Sale Pending. Guy is buying for his 16 year old daughter as a first car. Hopefully it doesn't die a terrible death when she deep-trunks the car in front of her while texting about prom. 😩

It sure is purdy.  It would make a good trail rig/DD.

I was at pick a part Saturday and saw two amazingly clean XJs, one in the yard and one in the parking lot.  The one in the yard was an '87 with almost 300k and in amazing condition.  It was very sad to see it there.  It had a new EGR valve which last I knew was unobtanium, NOS only, so I took it.  It had a lot of other new stuff that was tempting, but not stuff I currently need nor onobtanium.  Considering all the new parts and it being in the junkyard I assume someone was throwing parts at it trying to cure a problem and they got fed up.

The one in the parking lot was also an early one.  Even the undercarriage was almost new looking with not a spot of oil or gunk.

I was surprised the large amount of interest I received. Just had a couple more inquiries I've had to turn away. I have my 2001 Suburban listed as well and there has been a ton of interest in it today.

It's a very nice XJ, but gotta say I'm surprised at the level of attraction to it.  When you were first talking about selling it I was thinking $6k neighborhood.  A line of people at $6500, wow.

I was interested in it, but then realized I'd 'need' to change a bunch of stuff that was really nice, but not right for my desired use, so it didn't make sense.

Agreed. I think Seattle is full of .com millionaires, and niche car market is strong. It is set up perfectly as a daily driver/mall princess, anything extreme or technical would require modifications. It was just too pretty for me to beat the shit out of it.

6 hours ago, TOXXIC said:

Agreed. I think Seattle is full of .com millionaires, and niche car market is strong. It is set up perfectly as a daily driver/mall princess, anything extreme or technical would require modifications. It was just too pretty for me to beat the shit out of it.

Isn't that what you’re wife says about you too :)?

Thanks. The Cherokee was a labor of love, that facilitated my son and I spending hours wrenching together installing the lift, tranny pan, exhaust manifold, etc.