CBR1100XX.org Forum

Carb Motor? Wheels? Rotors?

Looking for bits or someone's crash total to buy. A friend needs a motor, I want some wheels, we both need a few other minor bits so a whole bike that's been bent might be ok.

Might pay shipping or might drive a reasonable distance.

Will always pay cash. 

We're centrally located in the Nations.

I'll post in another forum about reconnecting with the Cinnamon Girl after 40 years & the resulting 3 weeks & 3000 miles across 8 states twice on a Blackbird.

7 hours ago, superhawk996 said:

And if you need carbs for that 2001 motor I've got a set I keep forgetting to post.

Carbs for an '01? That's a rare item.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, blackhawkxx said:

If he don't need them, what are you looking to get out of them?

1 hour ago, Redbird said:

Carbs for an '01? That's a rare item.

Indeed.  But to a forum member.....IDK.....$100?  At a glance they seem to go around 200-300 on ebay.

They're off a '97 with about 65k on them.  The bike was all stock so I assume the carbs are too.

His is a 98 needing a motor. Mine is an 03, I just want an extra set of wheels to send for paint & bearings plus we warped a front rotor on the Barber/Smoky Mountain ride. That's night big a deal.  I can find new rotors but if Fredo had to buy a bike to get a motor I'm in for parts too. 

On 6/25/2018 at 10:39 PM, TOXXIC said:

Here you go!

https://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/mcy/d/2001-honda-cbr1100xx-parts/6626017165.html

The Cinnamon Girl's son lives close too that one.  He went to look at it, said he figures most of that will buff right out. 

Edited by rasputin
Technologically challenged ir maybe drunk

Sorry, it was intended as sarcasm. I thought I'd seen a good deal of that at this board over the years. Maybe I misunderstood.

Just for the record yes, she's pretty hammered. I don't want anyone to think it was in anything remotely aporoaching rideable condition.  that's pretty clear from the photos. I was just trying to make a small joke. Jack said it really looked worse in person.

He said it does indeed start & run smoothly though. Good project motor.

We found one almost locally. It's a 99 with 38k on the clock. I'm leaving it in my buddy's hands and we're going to St. Louis for a few days.

I may still be looking for wheels when I get back but we shall see.

Edited by rasputin

Ras.......sarcasm is the official language.  Toxxic just changes it up once in a while (sometimes he stays up to late at night). 

Keep in mind that you're going to have to change the head on an injected engine to put carbs on it.  Or course, if you had all the parts, you could just put the injection and all in the carbed frame.

AND, if you buy carbed XX, the front wheel, rotors, axle, and spacers will swap out with yours as a package, but you can't use any of those individual parts.  The wheels and rotors are different between carbed and injected, and the axle/spacers are then different to match.  Brakes and lower fork legs are not a problem.

10 hours ago, rasputin said:

The Cinnamon Girl's son lives close too that one.  He went to look at it, said he figures most of that will buff right out.

I would however like to meet the Cinnamon Girl!

• 1 month later...

She has been known to dump a package of red hots into a quart jar of......um..... distilled water, 120 proof distilled water anyway. So she comes by it naturally.

That nick actually came from our misbegotten youth and listening to too much Neil Young  long ago and probably too much of other things too. 

It was also her cb handle in the late 70s during the cb radio craze.

"KZY3549 Cinnamon Girl"

She also might have been the girl on the mechanical bull in a tv commercial for an infamous local cowboy type bar circa 1980 something. 

I hadn't seen her in 40 years. Wished me happy birthday on facebook & I asked if she wanted to go for a beer sometime. She said she didn't really drink anymore but we could go have a beer & catch up. 

We did. 

When we left the bar that Sunday the Goose Island Pale tap was dry,  the Guinness blonde tap was dry & I had a ninety something bar tab.

Good thing she doesn't "really drink" anymore. I told her it was just like riding a bicycle.

3 weeks later she'd moved in.  We were looking at my pics of the 2015 Barber Vintage Festival one night and she said "I want to go!"

I said "on the Blackbird?"

"Of course, how else would you go to an event like that?"

That led to 3 weeks on the 'Bird, 3000 miles, Barber Vintage festival, Hurricane Nate, Deal's Gap....twice, Wheels Through Time & Maggie Valley, Blue Ridge & Foothills Parkway, a few days to visit old friends in S.C. not seen in 10 years and 2 trips across the Ozarks the twisty way. 

And throughout all of it she never complained about anything. Not even once. Really.

I'll post some pics & tales from the trip in another thread eventually. 

• Upvote 1

Yeah,  they're great bikes! 

Oh she's gonna kick my ass......

In all seriousness it was more fun than either of us have had in a long time. No schedule after Barber, no hurry, just ride, eat & damage the local Yuengling stock every night.

I wasn't planning on going last year until we reconnected & she wanted to go.

• Upvote 1