CBR1100XX.org Forum

Selling my Blackbird first $3000 or closest offer gets it

One owner purchased new of off showroom floor 1999 fuel injected fast and comfortable. I’ve ridden from Houston Tx to Pensacola Fl in comfort.  Bike one owner and has 21k miles on it.  Bike comes with LOTS of extras like  handlebar risers, clutchless shifter, Corbin Smuggler saddle, complete gearbox and engine for parts or rebuild to name a few. Please serious inquiries only. Text or call (504) 452-1988

The extra engine ran great when removed but has sat in storage for and extended amount of time. It may be fully functional with a tear down and cleaning. 

EC705410-999D-49A1-84CB-4ED624960F63.jpeg

40F4CF11-B4ED-477C-B641-C4C7C766DA6A.jpeg

Edited by Nasty Wendy
Changed price

Just now, Aunt Zero said:

Are you saying it comes with an extra engine/gearbox?

Yes and more extras than I can remember I have. The tires are new as well. It is wired for a Valentine One radar detector complete with a heads up display unit that sits atop the dash. 

1 minute ago, Furbird said:

Location and price?  One would assume Houston or Pensacola but you know what happens when you assume...

Location is New Orleans Louisiana. I have it listed locally for $3700. Make me an offer close to that and we’ll make it work.  

35 minutes ago, John01XX said:

Just an FYI,l that is a Corbin Smuggler, not a Gunfighter.
Nice looking bike, good luck with the sale.

Should make someone a nice deal.

Thanks for the correction. I’d read an add with a gunfighter seat and that was still stuck in my head. Yes it is a Smuggler and I also have the factory seat that comes with the bike should you need to seat a passenger. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, superhawk996 said:

Curious why you have an extra engine/gearbox, and why you call them out separately when they're essentially one unit?

Why? Well because one with low miles became available. It has a little less miles on it (20k) than the bike has.  

Yes it it is one unit but that one unit houses the engine and gearbox. You can find engines needing work on the gearbox and engines needing engine repair but the gearbox is fine. This was a pristine unit when pulled engine and gearbox. The guy wanted to be a Ken Stotz and had a custom engine built and turbo’d. I picked this up from him the day he pulled it. I rode the bike before he pulled it and it was perfect. 

I had thoughts of putting it on a go cart for shizz and giggles. 

3 hours ago, superhawk996 said:

It's so purdy, I'm glad it's not local or I'd probably have to buy it.

I hate to sell it but I never ride it anymore. At one point I’d ride it everyday. It is to nice to let it go to waste.  I can make it local, where are you? LOL. 

Wendy, I am very interested in purchasing your bird. I have had 3 myself. AAAll 98's and miss riding. I am also in southern Cal. San Diego to be exact. I would love to find a way to make this transaction happen. You can reach me directly at 5104997445 and my email is robbyog@gmail.com. please hit me up so we can get the process started.

4 minutes ago, robbyog1 said:

Wendy, I am very interested in purchasing your bird. I have had 3 myself. AAAll 98's and miss riding. I am also in southern Cal. San Diego to be exact. I would love to find a way to make this transaction happen. You can reach me directly at 5104997445 and my email is robbyog@gmail.com. please hit me up so we can get the process started.

Reaching out to you

• 5 months later...

OK guys and gals my beloved Blackbird has become a must move item.  Everything listed in the original post above and more.  The first $3000 gets it.  An offer close enough to $3000 gets it.  I have to get this bike out of my enclosed patio before my wife kills me in my sleep.  Call or Text (504) 452-1988.  I can't always get back to the forum but I can always reply to text or talk.  

1 hour ago, Furbird said:

(calculates how many Reese's cups I'll have to cut back on for the next year to cover the purchase price...) 🤣

1676 of the 2 cup packs @ $1.79. 

Save up 1650 packs worth of $ and it’s a go. 

Edited by Nasty Wendy
Math was off

• 4 months later...