CBR1100XX.org Forum

2001 Bird on ebay for sale from Connecticut

Hmmm, kind of warm for a cross country ride....<looks at calendar>

It has vehicle protection, and I can tell you from experience that it works.  Of course a fly-and-ride brings some risk of losing time and flight costs.

If you have it shipped and it's not as described are you entitled to a refund on the shipping cost or do you have to return the vehicle on your dime to get a refund on the purchase?

15 hours ago, superhawk996 said:

If you have it shipped and it's not as described are you entitled to a refund on the shipping cost or do you have to return the vehicle on your dime to get a refund on the purchase?

Good question and I don't know.  In my case they resolved it as a money-off deal and I kept the vehicle.  I would imagine the shipping costs might depend on whether the seller did the shipping or you did.  IE, did the seller sell it "where is" or did they sell it as a shipped item?  Small stuff that is shipped does put the cost of shipping BOTH ways on the seller for defective items.

I had sent him the message below and got zero response.  It would be tempting to buy it, find it's not in that condition, and start a claim.  My previous experience was that eBay and Amex settled much farther in my favor than I would have asked for.

You say it's being sold as running with nothing wrong, but you can't even get it powered enough to show you the mileage?  I'm confused.  Also where is it being stored that you can't just plug in a battery charger?  So do the photos reflect the actual condition and where it is being stored?

Got this back:

New message from: mbspeed (45Yellow Star)

It was being stored in a semi-remote garage with a cover over it. It’s been in that garage—untouched—for a full year. I got it out of that garage today and pushed it across the property to a garage with electricity. I’m going to borrow a charger from my landlord to start it. I’ll get video of it running when I do. The only difference from the pictures in this auction is the bike is extremely dusty and has cobwebs on both wheels. Nothing a good cleaning wouldn’t eliminate.

I messaged him on the 21st and he responded same day.

Is the registration current and title in your name? How old are the photos? How long since it last ran? Is the Wilbur shock included? Can you charge it or jump it to make sure it still runs right?

Registration is in my name and current. I only transferred insurance of this bike last week. The photos are from 2015 when I bought the bike from a dear friend. (That's his gorgeous garage!) I used to ride with him all the time so I knew how well he cared for the bike. I last rode the bike at the beginning of last year. I had a personal injury that prevented me from riding after that and the bike has sat, covered, in my garage, since then. The Wilbur shock and the other couple of windshields do come with the bike. I've been trying to find/borrow a battery charger to jump start the bike, but none of me neighbors has one. All I can tell you at this point is it ran 100% perfectly a year ago when I got injured.