CBR1100XX.org Forum

2001 Bird on ebay for sale from Connecticut

That,................is a lot of bike for $3k !!

Sigh,......thinking about selling mine and wondering what I`ll get for it.  Judging by this and other prices I`ve seen, not much. Phenomenal bike for next to nothing money !!

Quote ~ "

This bike has ~32K miles on it. I don't know exactly because the battery has died and the odometer is digital. I installed Stebel airhorns & had the oil changed.
Work done by previous owner:
SW Motec panier setup with Givi quick-releasae luggage
New gold chain & sprockets
Valve adjustment, spark plugs, throttle-body sync., and K&N filter
Wilber rear shock w/preload adjuster -- KFG Racing-installed top-of-the-line GP front springs
RAM-mount for GPS/radar-detector/camera
Bags Connection powered tank bag
Clear Alternative turn signal lenses
Mirror extenders
Heated grips (2 stage)
Throttle Locker
Front footpeg lowering blocks (lowered ~3/4")
Bar risers
(2) powerlet outlets + SAE plug for battery tender
Blue Sea fuse box for all powered accessories
MRA Tourscreen
Double Bubble screen"

s-l400.jpg

37 minutes ago, googus said:

With that nice of a garage you would think it would be hooked up to a tender😝

Or at least give it a charge or quick jump to see the miles.  The odometer reading will be needed for the transfer paperwork so it'll need to be done anyway.  When I first read his thing about not being sure of the miles I was thinking that he thought it looses track of the miles so it might be different than displayed.

7 hours ago, cecome said:

anyone seen the item he has it standing on before. never seen one myself but looks like a great item to have around the garage.

Yep, a $200 Park N Move.  I have one...

I'd sell it if it didn't weigh 40 pounds.

don't know the seller, just dreaming of owning another bird or actually any bike that has a motor in it. I did ebay message him and asked if he could charge the battery and he replied with "sorry I do not have electricity in my garage and unable to charge it, I could probably jump it with my car though"  I sent a reply back for him to take the battery out and charge it before he jumps it with a car. I told him that could fry some electronics

My guess is those pics were taken in 2014 or 2015, based on the expiration sticker on the plate.  Maybe he moved to New England from WA since then?  Not sure the tires are "real close to needing replacement" in those photos either.

3 hours ago, h20skier said:

I sent a reply back for him to take the battery out and charge it before he jumps it with a car. I told him that could fry some electronics

Jumping it with the car off will do no harm, car running...maybe.

There's a whole lotta fishiness going on with that bike.

Didn’t Renee (Vern’s better half) have a red bird and wasn’t she from WA? He had his pretty tricked out and prolly did hers also.