CBR1100XX.org Forum

1999 Honda CBR1100XX - $2,500 OBO

I’ll give you $1800 for it. I am going to be out of pocket the next few weeks due to vacation and work in New Bern, NC. I can PP you the money or give it to you Friday in person when I pass through Bristol on my way back from DC, or have wifey drive me up and I can drive it home.

I will ride it, not part it out. I will take it to TeXXt this fall if I have the vacation time left. 

Mind you, I am hard on bikes. Don’t really take care of them, drop them with some regularity, drink while riding them. 

Let me know if you do not get a better offer. I am in no rush.

11 minutes ago, blackhawkxx said:

RXX's offer should simplifies things with someone you know.  It cuts out all the BS that you will have to go through if you take a different route.  

And, certainly, I know Phil would give it a good home.

Sounds good to me.  PM me on how you want to arrange pickup, I suppose much of the kit might actually fit in the luggage.  You can pay when you pick up.  After all, I know where you live. 😜

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, RXX said:

I’ll give you $1800 for it. I am going to be out of pocket the next few weeks due to vacation and work in New Bern, NC. I can PP you the money or give it to you Friday in person when I pass through Bristol on my way back from DC, or have wifey drive me up and I can drive it home.

I will ride it, not part it out. I will take it to TeXXt this fall if I have the vacation time left. 

Mind you, I am hard on bikes. Don’t really take care of them, drop them with some regularity, drink while riding them. 

Let me know if you do not get a better offer. I am in no rush.

This is what makes our forum great. Logic and love meet exactly where this bike should be valued at. Phillip, run that bitch to 200K with 2 oil changes and one more chain. It can be done!

Wise choice Mike, your decisiveness in this negotiation proves to me you are evolving as a human! Love it!

5 hours ago, TOXXIC said:

This is what makes our forum great. Logic and love meet exactly where this bike should be valued at. Phillip, run that bitch to 200K with 2 oil changes and one more chain. It can be done!

Wise choice Mike, your decisiveness in this negotiation proves to me you are evolving as a human! Love it!

With the Pro-Oiler, that may be doable. :)

Actually, my gut wondered if Phil would be the one to get it.  As he already has a ‘99 XX himself, I figured he could always use a spare.

Letting it go is hard, but I know that if I hesitate, parting with it will be harder.  My old Kawasaki was a POS by comparison.  Crashed, looked bad, and the motor was losing compression.  Dad had to sell it for me because I kept scaring off buyers.  I was too attached to it to let go, and that’s after getting the XX and realizing the improvement in quality.

1 hour ago, Aunt Zero said:

Letting it go is hard, but I know that if I hesitate, parting with it will be harder.

Carlos and Tim made it clear...you SHOULD NOT have attachments to "things" unless it was given to you by a very old family member.

YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED !

:)

12 hours ago, TOXXIC said:

LOL

22 hours ago, RXX said:

Well, now that you'll have two, you can treat one like a lady and another like a slutty hoe.

56 minutes ago, Aunt Zero said:

Well, now that you'll have two, you can treat one like a lady and another like a slutty hoe.

Ummm... you know Phillip, right?  It will more likely resemble slutty hoe #1 and slutty hoe #2.  Ride them both mercilessly until they both need chains, tires, and oil changes, then fix the one that requires the least until that one is broke more than the other.

Oh, wait - that's me.  Nevermind. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, IcePrick said:

Ummm... you know Phillip, right?  It will more likely resemble slutty hoe #1 and slutty hoe #2.  Ride them both mercilessly until they both need chains, tires, and oil changes, then fix the one that requires the least until that one is broke more than the other.

Oh, wait - that's me.  Nevermind. 

Own it like you stole it, it is just things.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
11 hours ago, Nikailas said:

Is this bike still available? It's my all time favorite and I'm having a for to get one.

Man, you don’t want my bike. I have put 10,000 more miles on it, and finally took the front plastics off to fix a headlight. Not only did I not fix the headlight, I had a handful, of fasteners left over when I finished. 

Goddamn I hate taking that shit off. Well, putting it back on, really. Taking them off is easy.