CBR1100XX.org Forum

Spacers Carrozzeria wheels

CALCXX

FTM raised a topic I have long forgotten about. Carrozzeria wheels. I have a used set off of Hobi's XX I never successfully mounted.

I don't have the spacers and the confidence to figure it out. 

If you have a 96-98XX with Carrozzeria (ZX12) wheels from the group buy of years ago and are due for a tire change,

I will pay you $25 and one reacharound to take the time to accurately measure ( plus or minus .001 ) the (2) front and (2) rear spacers.

ID, OD and length.

edit-- What I think - ID is easy,  copy the stockers. OD kinda easy -- seal ID plus a thou or two. Length - Critical !

Length is what I really need.

I have been told the 99 and up front spacers are differant from 98 ? 

Please write yourself a note to measure during your next tire swap.

Edited by CALCXX

42 minutes ago, CALCXX said:

FTM raised a topic I have long forgotten about. Carrozzeria wheels. I have a used set off of Hobi's XX I never successfully mounted.

I don't have the spacers and the confidence to figure it out. 

If you have a 96-98XX with Carrozzeria (ZX12) wheels from the group buy of years ago and are due for a tire change,

I will pay you $25 and one reacharound to take the time to accurately measure ( plus or minus .001 ) the (2) front and (2) rear spacers.

ID, OD and length.

I have been told the 99 and up front spacers are differant from 98 ? 

Please write yourself a note to measure during your next tire swap.

If you ever choose to sell them some day, put me in line.  I don't know what they go for but one can dream.

Cal, if I recall correctly the spacers are different size on the FI birds.  Put me second in line for those wheels. I tried to get Sean to sell me his, but it never happened.

1 hour ago, TOXXIC said:

Cal, if I recall correctly the spacers are different size on the FI birds.  Put me second in line for those wheels. I tried to get Sean to sell me his, but it never happened.

I think this is only true of the front wheel? Someone, please correct me if wrong? Tim #2 dibs. Ever hear from Sean these days?

I followed Hanks link to the .com site and he mentioned Matt in Texas now has his Turbo XX. Anyone know Matt in Texas? He could be here but I don't know his screen name?

Would really like to talk to him.

Edited by CALCXX

Cal, Matt is in the armed forces serving overseas.
I haven't heard from him in a year.

Joe has all the stock spacers from my Carra's..
I gave him all my BB parts a couple years ago.
IIRC, they were stock dimensions but I built the turbo around 06-07

Thanks for the info. Hope Matt is well and no one is shooting at him.

I will check with Joe to see if he has the Carrozzeria spacers. 

Thanks again.

Tell Joe to look for a baggie with wheel bearings and a red anodized spacer among other spacers.
I replaced the Carra spacers with custom SS stuff, made to proper dimensions so the bearing stack actually worked...lol

Measuring/copying just ain't gonna work.  Send me the wheels and I'll engineer some proper spacers.  When I get done enjoying the wheels I'll send them back to you with the spacers.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, HANKSXXX said:

Tell Joe to look for a baggie with wheel bearings and a red anodized spacer among other spacers.
I replaced the Carra spacers with custom SS stuff, made to proper dimensions so the bearing stack actually worked...lol

Hank, that is why I want to talk to Matt. Copy yours. Bearing stack is questionable with the Carro wheels. Correct me if I am wrong but the original Carro spacers are not entirely correct and made out of aluminum. I know you had it figured out to the .001. It really is important I have the correct length to get the bearing stack right. I get it.  Carrozzeria did not get it right. that is why they only spec'd axle tourque to 34lbs.

Aluminum will not survive.. Agree? I know you figured this out. If I had the spec lenghts, I can also.

I plan to do SS also.I even have a piece for a lathe.

Edited by CALCXX

Carra spec'd half the torque value on the rear axle due to possibly crushing the Carra POS 6061 alum wheel and bearing  spacers.
In addition, the shoulder that went through the bearing was to long, not capturing the inner race.
I just didn't think cutting rear axle torque in half was a good idea with 255HP and 155 lbs TQ was safe, so I redid all spacers.
Never had a drawing, just worked off the old spacers and new wheel.

As far as the wheels go, there were 2 rear designs.
The first one had a sprocket carrier which bolted to the wheel. This was prone to failure.
The second was a one piece design and worked well.

• 3 weeks later...

Joe, I'll look thru my bike stuff but I'm sure I gave you every BB part I had except a very low mileage 03 swing arm and a complete cherry 97-98 cylinder head, cams and valve cover.. Let u know in a day or 2.

Joe found them. !!!!   He sent me a photo but I can;t seem to copy it from my phone.

You guys are my heros. When I grow up I wanna be just like you.

THANKS !!!!!!

5 minutes ago, rockmeupto125 said:

I already sent that to Hank, who agreed.  But I've been too lazy to pull my Carro's and compare the bushings. Shouldn't there be 4, or does the spacer act as one?

I'm not sure but I think one of the OEM Honda spacers is used?

Hank, is that correct?

Cal, get Joe to send those spacers to you.
The red anodized one was supplied by Carra and installs on the brake side.
You will be able to see how they assemble once they are in front of you.
I can then explain the dimensions I changed.